Search results

1. T

Wall Furnace: Pilot does not stay lit

OK. I fixed it. The gas valve had some debris in it, which apparently, prevented the valve from opening fully when the button was pushed. That made it harder for the magnet (is the valve really held magnetically by the thermocouple current?) to hold the valve open. That, in combination with a...
  2. T

Wall Furnace: Pilot does not stay lit

PILOT LIGHT DOES NOT STAY LIT: I have a wall gas furnace heater. Pilot light went off last night and I cannot relight it. I light pilot, hold the push button 30-60’ BUT THEN, when I release button, the pilot light goes off. First suspect = thermocouple that controls the pilot light...
  3. T

Tapping noise in pipes when water is running

Forgot to mention there is no PRV... Also when I turn on two zones at the same time in my sprinkler system (that would make about a 12 GPM flow) then sounds like there's a small helicopter underneath my bathroom. Not loud enough to wake anyone up but a little annoying if you're trying to have...
  4. T

Tapping noise in pipes when water is running

Ever since I replumbed my house from rusty galv. to PEX my pipes are generally much quieter. However there is a mysterious, very faint, tapping noise. Sounds like a faint rhythmic tapping.The cadence of the tapping changes with water flow, from, say, a couple of taps per second to 5 taps per...
  5. T

Help removing valve from faucet

Thanks for the suggestion, I did yank on it a few times but it did not come out and was weary of applying too much force. However, the force must have done something to it because it now works better, the flow is restored and the valve feels smoother albeit still stiffer than a new faucet...
  6. T

Pex Design

I just did option (b) on my house. For me, having no in wall or crawlspace PEX connections was the main attraction of this option. Now I only have connections at the manifold (in the garage) and at the fixture, outside the wall.
  7. T

How do I stub out to washing machine ?

What is a good way to stub out to a washing machine? Wash machine is in attached garage. I’ve run new PEX plumbing and so far have managed to avoid making any in wall (crimp) connections. My PEX manifold is only 4’ from the washing machine so I do not mind running some copper from the...
  8. T

Help removing valve from faucet

How do I undo this Price Pfister faucet? I need to clean the valve, it is very stiff and water flow is erratic. There’s probably rust in it from the old pipes – now new pipes, time to clean the valve.
  9. T

Are Zurn sweat to PEX adaptors reliable ?

I was planning to use Zurn PEX (because of the convenience of having it available at the big box stores) and, of course, have been concerned and reading about their failing brass connectors. However, all the failures I found on the web were brass Ts, brass elbows and brass female threaded...
  10. T

PEX stubout to fixtures – How to?

Great! Thanks for the advice. That seems like what I need. Now, if they could combine the two (so that, say, the chrome sleeve threads onto the bend support) that would be even better. Otherwise, won't the chrome be still a bit "floppy" and perhaps not quite perpendicular since it is only...
  11. T

PEX stubout to fixtures – How to?

Hello, I’m replumbing my house to PEX and searched previous threads on how to stub out from PEX to fixtures. I seem to read that it is possible to run the PEX all the way to the stop valve and that there are either compression stops that can be used directly with PEX (a Brasscraft using SS...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks