Search results

1. vaman

Rainbird1800 sprinkler heads along sidewalk

Part of our irrigation system has a series of Rainbird 1800 spray heads that throw water across a sidewalk to hit some shrubs. The shrubs do get watered and I adjusted the AP heads so there is a direct spry but I there is a fair amount hitting the sidewalk. If I simply replace them with another...
  2. vaman

Hunter rotor head adjustment screw

Thanks It worked! Thanks so much!:D
  3. vaman

Distance adjuster screw I've tried the special tool, an allen wrench and screwdriver. I don't know how but maybe the top got stripped.How I can I get that screw out or is there something else that will turn it?
  4. vaman

I have a couple of hunter rotor heads that I cannot get the adjusting tool to catch the adjusting screw so I can change the spray distance. Any ideas on how else to turn it or what other options I have?
  5. vaman

Exposed rotor head pictures

Did as you suggested and it worked! Thanks
  6. vaman

Tools for sweating copper pipe, questions & answers

Job Done I was close to calling a plumber but got the tools as suggested and was actually able to resolder the pipe without burning down our home. Thanks for the helpful replies!
  7. vaman

Thanks for all the replies. Since there is solder residue and I don't want to risk redoing the job in the future I'll just get one of those plumber's tools.They can't be that much and is still less than me calling a plumber!
  8. vaman

I am going to sweat copper pipe for the first time. I desoldered the damaged fitting today and wanted to attach the new fitting tomorrow. Can I use steel wool to clean the fitting and the pipe or do I need to get an emery cloth and pipe brush? I've read different things on the interent and don't...
  9. vaman

Condensate Backflow

i have a high efficiency ac system. Condensate drains down to a pump and is pumped out. The pipe from the ac unit to the pump is now backing up. There is a cleanout into which I have inserted a tube to siphon the water out.But how to clean this line out to fix it?
  10. vaman

Repair Kit For Sale

I have a wilkins pvb repair for sale .Never used. Can we advertise stuff for sale on this forum. If so Iwill post price,picture and model number info.
  11. vaman

Exposed rotor head pictures

Here are two pictures that better explain my situation with the exposed rotor head. One shows the exposed head and the other shows the supply line. You experts toss around all kinds of terms about the supply line which I don't understand so I thought the picture would best explain the...
  12. vaman

Rotor Heads Exposed

I have some pictures and the line which I will attach on a new post. They will probably explain it better than my words.
  13. vaman

Replacing female copper fitting

Desoldering fitting heat shield I've decided I will desolder it myself;since I've fixed the rest of the system I just don't want to pay to have someone do this part.I have a friend that will lend me a plumber's torch along with rosin and solder. Question is since the fitting is about 2...
  14. vaman

Nicked copper threading I did not know what I was doing. The PVC fitting that goes into the copper fitting broke off and left some inside the copper fitting. As i later learned I could have just twisted it out with pliers which is what I ended up doing but not before I took a saber saw to...
  15. vaman

Any guess as to why the pvc tee would have cracked over the winter? What you can't see in the picture is that last year when I was removing another male pvc fitting I nicked the first 3 or so outer threads on that copper female fitting.If I don't use joint compound between the two there is a...
  16. vaman

Last year I replaced the PVB on my system. While messing around with the system I damaged some of the threads on the supply line female fitting. The male fitting would tighten in only with joint compound. Over the winter I noticed the pvc line was disconnected from the female fitting and the "t"...
  17. vaman

Rotor Heads Exposed

They are connected with a tee fitting. The supply line is perectly horizontal so I don't understand how some of the heads could be above ground now.
  18. vaman

PVB parts for sale

Last fall I replaced the PVB but before that bought a repair kit which I want to sell. Are we allow to advertise stuff for sale on this forum?
  19. vaman

Rotor Heads Exposed

Last fall I replaced all of the Hunter rotor heads on my system. Despite filling the dirt back in, some of the heads remain exposed above the ground. Attaching them to the supply line was straightforward and I can tell that they are perpendicular to the supply line.The most obvious one is about...
  20. vaman

Sealing supply pipe

When I was earlier replacing my PVB I fiddled with the copper supply pipe coming out of the house. The installers had some sort of soft white material to seal between it and the siding. It's not a caulk;can someone tell me this stuff is? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks