Search results

1. S

intermittent pump cycling

Would reducing the cutoff to 40 psi help things? It's a 230 volt pump (not sure how many hp) and should normally be able to handle 50 I would think.
  2. S

Hi again and thanks for your replies. The system's behavior still seems confusing. There does not seem to be any leaks or pressure drops. It has a new 30/50 pressure switch as described above (but the symptoms are the same). When the pump comes on it fills the tank to only 42 psi or so. Then...
  3. S

Thanks. I was afraid it was something like that or the pipe in the well leaking. Would it be worth the cost to have it pulled and fixed or just wait till the pump dies? The pump is probably 20 years old. Thanks again.
  4. S

Hi, I have a deep well submersible pump with iron pipe with a 30/50 Square D pressure switch on a 13 year old Gould bladder tank. The problem occurs after the system reaches the cut out. A minute or two later the pump turns back on and runs for less than a minute. It cuts off, then...
  5. S

Foot valve

Hi, I have an irrigation system that gets water from a lake. The intake 1.5 inch pvc pipe is about 60 feet long with a foot valve on it. The lake level fluctuates in the winter up to seven feet. I have a hose bib near the middle of the intake line to let the water out of it, but it didn't...
  6. S

Eleganza styrene tub installation

Thanks again for the info. I placed a layer of thinset on the floor under the tub base and installed the tub. It seems quite solid and to have lost the styrofoam squeaks. Using thinset (Laticrete 253) seems like a better idea than the plain adhesive the manufacturer suggests.
  7. S

Thanks for the info. The floor was about one eighth inch out of level over the length of the tub. I've shimmed that with some boards and smaller material in the middle. I may be a little paranoid trying to make it closer to perfect than it has to be. The base of the tub is on a styrofoam...
  8. S

Hi, I'm remodeling a bathroom and have an Eleganza styrene tub and wall surround from Lowes. It has styrofoam (waffle like piece) underneath it that supports it. The instructions with it say to put adhesive on it and glue it to the floor. Some on the Lowes website have complained of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks