Search results

1. bluinc

Is it possible?

I was hoping to hear something like this. I want to believe the guy. The faucet was already replaced, the day of the incident. I just want to know if I have a trustworthy guy managing the house that I love. Crystallized brass works for me. Thanks HJ. Warranty. So Globe Union warrants their...
  2. bluinc

Is it possible?

Here are a couple of pics of the tube that supposedly burst on its own. also a pic of the faucet. Brand is Globe Union. Made in China. My suspicion is it was leaking, he tried to tighten it and it snapped. Not wanting to be blamed for it he cooked up this story. He is living there on...
  3. bluinc

Is it possible?

Hmm. No it def wasn't the corrugated. It was the factory tubing that is inside the faucet assy. Only thing I can think of to note is that my water is well water and quite rusty perhaps corrosive to the pipes in general and to that faucet specifically thus weakening the insides of the faucet...
  4. bluinc

Is it possible?

In my rental house my tenant says they came home and a few minutes later heard water spraying upstairs they quickly shut off the water at the main then went upstairs and said they found underneath the sink the brass tubing inside the faucet had sheared and water was spraying inside the cabinet...
  5. bluinc

I hope Septic questions are OK...in a bit of an emergency! Help.

Great suggestions. Thank you. I get now what you meant by sch. 80 union. I just assumed you were saying to go sch.80 all the way. Learned so much by this project...which now...is DONE! It looks good in my opinion. Ill add pictures just for future generations of dummies that commit the same...
  6. bluinc

Latest update: I decided to just cut the PVC line and pull the pump out to at least get a look at the type of pump they installed. As brittle as the rest of that metal line looked, I didnt want to disturb that too much lest I break the line past the concrete and have to dig and splice. Pulled...
  7. bluinc

Believe it or not, I have the 7.3. thats not to problem. Everything else around it is breaking...course, its got 250k, so, not complaining too much - at least its not as bad as my chickens. I have spent over 500 bones on these ladies to keep them alive. At this rate, they will have earned their...
  8. bluinc

dude - your awesome. thanks for all the good advice.
  9. bluinc

Its about 40 feet of elevation up on the hill. I should trade you know-how on adding pictures for that sketch, though I would have the better deal as adding pictures is very easy. (sketch picture in Word, MS paint, etc > save to desktop > if you have your own webste, click the little picture of...
  10. bluinc

Thank you ballvalve. What do you mean by get rid of the metal? Would you mind drafting up a rough sketch for a noob such as I. No picturing what you speak of. I googled each piece you recommended, but not able to visualize the assembly. The leech field is probably 50 yards up a hill. Probably...
  11. bluinc

So, to me it seems, the easiest way to go is sawzall the pvc piece near the brass/iron(?) threaded end there, then pull the pump out, clean it and verify if the pump I bought (Zoeller M98 - $220 from a local B&M Plumbing supply) will work, then take the plumbing pieces and buy the same stuff...
  12. bluinc

Update 2: Underground tank is pumped and cleaned out. Separate cylinder pump tank (where the effluent pump is) also pumped out and cleaned up a bit.
  13. bluinc

Got it. Found a place that'll pump the tank for $175. They co e tomorrow. In the meantime I bought a small 1/12th HP external pump and made a suction wand out of PVC to get the level down enough that we could at least take showers till they got here. This revealed something interesting. The...
  14. bluinc

Your answer is intriguing and full of info. Thank you! I have worked on this all day, and here is the update. Found and fixed the cut line going to the original outlet. (original electrician #1 wanted $1500 to run a new line causing me to say balderdash, hence the extension cord fix till I...
  15. bluinc

I have a 1977 era septic system out here in Edgewater MD. In the backyard is a concrete cylinder with a notch at the top, with a concrete round lid set on top. Coming out of that cylinder notch are TWO electrical plugs with a strange configuration: One of the plugs, the white one is a standard 3...
  16. bluinc

Well GPM?

Thank you all for your attempts to assist. My immediate need is to simply find out the quantity of water that my current configuration (well, well pump, plumbing, fittings, etc) is providing to my nearly brand new 9000 twin softener (28k grains). It appears to be only 4 gpm since that is the...
  17. bluinc

Well GPM?

How do you find out how many Gallons Per Minute a well puts out? I just turned on my water at the "T" on the bladder tank, waited for the tank to empty so that it was just the pump pumping out the water, and It flows at 4 gallons per minute. (filling a 5 gallon bucket while counting 60 seconds)...
  18. bluinc

4 gpm well, 12ppm rust, can this water be cured without uping the gpm?

Hi all, With the bladder tank emptied at showing 0 psi, and thus taking a sample from the 3/4" valve at the bladder tank "T" directly from the well with the pump on, I can fill a 4 gallon bucket in a minute. I can do this consistently for what seems like unlimited buckets (I did 12, 5 gallon...
  19. bluinc

Splitting a basement bathroom into two. Part 1) plumbing the second toilet

Thanks Jimbo, I will figure that out today and get back to you. thank you!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks