Search results

1. Dlarrivee

Best Transition

I'm replacing a sewage ejector pump and installing a "Zoeller Tri-check" at the same time. The tri-check is a union check valve and ball valve in one unit, and is made of PVC. The pump is cast iron, the main line I'm tying into is 3" ABS. PVC for DWV is very uncommon here, but I'm required to...
  2. Dlarrivee

Making Decora Wall Plate Look Good

I'm having a hard time making a certain 3-gang decora-style wall plate look good. I did 1-gfci outlet, and 1-standard 15amp. outlet and the face of each of those stands proud of their wall plate like I would expect, but not this 3-gang... Am I being too fussy? Is this common? I...
  3. Dlarrivee

Attn: Dana, Clever Solution

I'm hoping you can lead me in the right direction here. I have a 2x4 stud wall, on my split level entry landing... I removed the drywall to fix a crack, the original board had a joint exactly at the same height as the framing transition for the header over the door... I have stucco on the...
  4. Dlarrivee

R10000 Solder Spout

I'm installing a brand new Delta R10000 rough-in valve. I'm not impressed by the instructions, since I'm using copper they expect me to stub out of the wall, shove my acrylic tub/shower into position and then solder the o-ring/thread adapter onto the copper stub out... Why would I want to...
  5. Dlarrivee

Debris Loop for trap primer

The trap primer I'm installing requires a "debris loop"... As shown here: http://www.pppinc.net/common_files/images/Trap_Primers/Prime_Rite/PR-500-Installed-W-DU-USS.jpg If I'm branching off of a vertical piece of 1/2" copper, would it not be redundant? I'm thinking T and 1/2" ball valve...
  6. Dlarrivee

PVC Conduit Indoors

Am I correct in assuming it's okay to use PVC conduit under this circumstance? -I am building a stud wall in front of a 3" ABS drain line that exits the building about 20" above the slab in my basement, this wall will run perpendicular to the exterior wall. -I would like to run power to a...
  7. Dlarrivee

14/3 Uses

Is it out of the ordinary or not allowed to switch (2 switches, 2 gang box) both the black hot and red hot conductors with 14/3 cable? I'd like to run power to the 2 gang box from the panel, then run 14/3 from the 2 gang box to the vanity light, and from there 14/2 for the exhaust fan.
  8. Dlarrivee

Plumber's Preference?

Is it out of the ordinary to install the cleanout, above the santee for my washing machine outlet box setup? I figure since the trap/trap-arm/stand-pipe are in the wall, and the trap cannot be taken apart it would make more sense... Is it also out of the ordinary or a bad idea to use a 2"...
  9. Dlarrivee

I Found This Strange; screw found in supply tube.

I found this screw in a 3/8" copper riser under a bathroom sink... Obviously the faucet flows better now. You would expect it to be the screw that holds the washer onto the bottom of the stem, so I checked that, and there is a brand new screw and washer on the bottom of the stem. I guess...
  10. Dlarrivee

PVC Conduit to NMD90 Transition

I'd like to run power out to a shed for some lights and an outlet. I plan to go underground in pvc conduit with THWN conductors in it. Generally you'd probably use a PVC LB on the exterior of the home to change directions with, and a junction box on the inside of the home... Unfortunately...
  11. Dlarrivee

Drywall At Joist Transition

I've seen plenty of homes where the wall beside stairs that span between floors, the baseboard on the top floor carries on across the wall to the next inside corner... This is the best picture I could find of the "transition" where instead of finishing the drywall joint, trim will cover the...
  12. Dlarrivee

Tailpiece Trap Primer

I'd like to know what everyones thoughts are on using a little grey water for priming 2 floor drains in my basement... Is the tailpiece on one lav enough to keep 2 traps full? Beyond that, any objections to using pex for the primer lines? I assume they need to be sloped towards the traps as well.
  13. Dlarrivee

Adjustable Floor Drains

Before I finish up and pour concrete, what is the general consensus on adjustable style floor drains (abs)? I require a trap primer for 2 floor drains, and thought this might be a good way to plan ahead for years ahead when the flooring might change height or something along those lines...
  14. Dlarrivee

Sewage Pumps

I just pulled my pump to check out the specs on it. It's a 4/10 hp Flotec, model FPSE3200A... This was originally serving a toilet + lav, but will now be handling a shower and washing machine as well, should I be upgrading to a 1/2hp or 3/4 hp cast iron pump to help out with the extra...
  15. Dlarrivee

Piping vs. Footing

I just finished sawcutting and smashing out a bunch of basement slab to run some new drain pipes for a bathroom renovation. I knew I would run into a footing underneath a load bearing wall, and that wall is where I wanted my 2" abs to come up to serve the lav and vent up all the way to the...
  16. Dlarrivee

Flexible Conduit?

I came across this photo in my travels: Is that yellow stuff some sort of flexible conduit for data or av wiring?
  17. Dlarrivee

Aluminum Pipe Wrenches

Thoughts or opinions on these? I think beyond the weight savings, they'd be great because they wont rust if you end up working in a ditch or out in the rain.
  18. Dlarrivee

Minimum Trap Arm?

What would the minimum trap arm length be for a 2" trap from a washing machine drain going into a 2 inch santee? Is it alright to have the hubs of the santee and the trap connected with just enough pipe to connect them?
  19. Dlarrivee

Locations Of Trap Adapters

On the internet and in books I see a lot of trap adapters installed directly in a sanitary tee. Like this: But most of the places I've lived have the trap adapter at the top of the trap itself. Like this: Now I can see installing it directly into the T for a pedestal sink, but is...
  20. Dlarrivee

Cleanout Plug

Will a brass recessed head clean out plug fit into the threads of an existing 4" and 3" ABS cleanout fitting?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks