Search results

1. jmk823

Can I upsize from 3/4" incoming to 1" on a manifold?

Hello all, I am removing all the old plumbing in my home (copper) and replacing it with PEX. I would like to install a manifold. The incoming water line to my home is 3/4". Many of the (affordable) manifolds I have found have a 1" trunk. Will it cause any problems to use a larger...
  2. jmk823

Re-piping the main loop of a cast-iron radiator system

Hello all, I have a monoflow radiator system that heats a basement and two above-ground floors. There are a total of 14 radiators. The system gets the house nice and toasty in the winter. The only problem I have is that the main loop in the basement is loooow. The basement ceiling is...
  3. jmk823

Three questions about adding a basement bathroom

Hello all, I've referred to posts here a lot over the last few months. Now it is time to tackle a big project (for me at least) and I want to make sure I do it right. I would like to add a bathroom with shower in my basement. The floor is a 4" slab. There is an existing drain (3"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks