Search results

1. alexh

Barkeepers seems to clean toilet ring

Hi, Have a sangloss unit in a 1/2 ba and wife finally complained about the ring since guests will use. I tried everything, finally in desperation used undiluted Muratic acid and it did NOT do a thing! Tried all home remedies using baking soda + vinegar etc. Citric acid Zep acidic toilet bowl...
  2. alexh

Flapper leak on Toto Promenade

Hi, I installed 2 of these a few years ago, CST424EF 1.28 gal. On one I had to replace the flapper some time ago because of leaking. It started again, I replaced the flapper but this time it did not help. For both replacements I used TOTO THU331S flapper which is a universal fit. The chain has...
  3. alexh

Swap Disposer on dual basin sink

Here is the main drain from sink to exterior cleanout. The stoppage is always in this section. The stoppages are really easy to clear - I used to use a coat hanger. I think a new disposal on the work side will prevent lager debris from going down the drain.
  4. alexh

Swap Disposer on dual basin sink

Hi all, I have a dual basin Kohler sink and the counter workspace is on the side w/o disposer. That plus the fact that the main drain is perfectly horizontal for a bout 3' means that it stops up regularly. I have cleared it so many times I can do it in about 10 mins but it's still a royal...
  5. alexh

Softener Drain

So hack open the box a little around the pipe, add a "Y", run washer hose into horiz inlet and position 3/4" PVC above vertical inlet using clamps?
  6. alexh

Softener Drain

Hi, As I posted earlier, I tried to use my outdoor 1.5" AC condensation drain but it only flowed about 2 ga/min. I tried to snake it and then was able to put a garden hose running full bore down the pipe and lots of gravel started coming up. So suffice it to say that I think that pipe drains to...
  7. alexh

Slow drain

Hi, I just installed a 64k 5600SXT. I live in a slab house and the most convenient drain is an AC condensation drain pipe just outside the house. It's 1.5" and it simply protrudes about 6" above the cement next to the house. A 3/4" PVC pipe exits the house and terminates just inside the 1.5"...
  8. alexh

Avoid Toto 1.28 gallon if performance is most important?

Thanks Terry, I searched for 1.28 on the forum and no hits.
  9. alexh

Cleaning water ring on Toto with CEFIONTECT

I have tried both CLR and Limeaway on various surfaces and IMO those products are totally useless. Vinegar totally outperforms both of those products but for heavy deposits the vinegar has to remain in contact for 24 hours. On faucets, I wrap them with vinegar soaked paper towels and respray...
  10. alexh

Avoid Toto 1.28 gallon if performance is most important?

Hi, I'm surprised I didn't see any mention of the 1.28 gallon Toto's but I assume if performance is biggest concern these should be avoided? I couldn't find any details about this on the Toto site but when you select watersense (1.28 G) the Gmax option disappears so watersense is obviously...
  11. alexh

To delime or not to delime

Thanks Jim, I knew that noise is probably more than just lime buildup as it's very loud. Time for a new WH.
  12. alexh

To delime or not to delime

I have a 12 year old A.O. Smith that makes a lot of noise when heating. Smith has a very detailed document on how to delime but it does not seem to be a very common procedure since I can't find any stores which carry a delime kit. A search turns up advice on using CLR or vinegar. Is this...
  13. alexh

Diabolical water hammer

Ok, I'm an idiot. There is a cold water shutoff to the water heater. I shut this off and ran sprinklers etc. and not a peep! I should have thought of this earlier. My water heater is an A.O. Smith FGR, FSG, etc. Any idea why the WH could make noise? I thought it's just a passive tank -...
  14. alexh

Diabolical water hammer

Hi, My house is two story, slab with copper piping. Every fixture/appliance in the house makes some noise when it shuts off, even sink faucets but solenoid based devices make a really loud bang. I often even hear noise when there is a constant low volume flow - sounds like a coffee maker...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks