Search results

1. J

looking for a 2nd opinion

Gary, so your professional opinion is not to waste my money on the O2 tank? Would you recommend an acid tank first, followed by a birm tank and ending with a softner? What do you think about using a sediment filter right after the pressure tank, before the AN? As long as I keep on top of the...
  2. J

Andy; I don't know how many gpm my well produces. I thought it was 6 gpm, but have since found out from another post that this is what my undersized pressure tank puts out. How do I get the gpm of my well? This is the first filter they recomend to catch any sediment before it reaches...
  3. J

I am looking for a second opinion on what a company recomends for taking care of my water. I had my water tested at an independent lab and the lab at the company that provided me with this quote. The results are: PH 5.8 and 5.9 TDS 570 ppm Hardness 119.7 and 196...
  4. J

pressure switch question

Ok, so I am drawing 6 gpm from my pressure tank, which doesn't mean my pump is producing 6 gpm. And my pressure tank is to small for the pump. I am going to replace the tank, softner and acid tank. How do I figure the GPM rating to properly size the softner and acid tank when they backwash...
  5. J

pressure switch question

Gary, a web site gave me that info on how to figure out my pumps gpm. I'm glad you're telling me its wrong. What would be the right way of finding the gpm? I do know it's a 3/4 hp pump, that's it. I need this info when I buy a new softner and acid tank to figure in the backwash rate of the...
  6. J

pressure switch question

Valveman; the pump is cycling on and off with the shower running. Its on until the pressure tank fills up, then off until the shower drains it and back down and then on again, etc. So I can use a CSV1W valve and a smaller tank. I have an 18 year old rusted 20 gallon tank that needs to be...
  7. J

pressure switch question

How do I size a CSV with a pressure tank? My pump produces 6 gpm. Thnak you.
  8. J

pressure switch question

I understand different pressure switches, or settings, will effect the amount of drawdown of water in the pressure tank. Does the pressure switch effect the water pressure I will have at the shower, faucet, etc..? I currently have a 20 gal. tank with a pressure switch that is set at 48/68 and...
  9. J

filter system help

The paper work I have from my town states a 3/4 hp pump was installed and it produced 8 gpm when tested. Whether that was true or not I don't know. I don't know who filled out the paper work. I could have always produced 6 gpm. Would a new pump produce more gpm? Wouldn't a higher gpm rate...
  10. J

filter system help

When the pump was put it 18 years ago, the test paper work shows the 3/4 hp pump put out 8 gpm. Would the age of the pump have to do with it only producing 6 gpm now? I was hoping to take care of the pump after I fix the filtration system.
  11. J

filter system help

1. To get 6 gpm I filled the pressure tank, measured the about of water I got from a faucet, pre filter, when the pump turned on, I closed the faucet and measured the amount of time it took to fill the pressure tank again. I got 4 gal from the pressure tank before the pump turned on and then...
  12. J

filter system help

More question.... 1. Are SFR and flow rate the same? I found online instruction to determine my flow rate by timing the pump on/off and gallons of water used. I came up with 6 gpm. Is this enough to for all my future tanks: acid, chlorine, softner..? 2. In what order would the tanks go after...
  13. J

filter system help

When you say it worked well up to a certain time, what stopped working? Was the water still soft? Did the pH start to drop? Or was Iron starting to become more and more noticeable? The water is not as soft and I have noticed alot of corrosion around the copper pipe fittings. The iron has...
  14. J

filter system help

In 2002 I had the water tested by two different labs within one month and got iron readings of 17.8 ppm and 8.46 ppm. After that I had the local filter guy replace the old softner with an acid tank followed by a new softner. I know each tank measures 10x54 with Fleck 2510 control heads. I...
  15. J

filter system help

all the test results are mg/l which I believe converts evenly over to ppm.
  16. J

filter system help

I am looking for some help on installing a new filter system. I had a softner and acid tank installed seven years ago but I don't think they are working properly now. I believe the acid tank maybe plugged with iron and the resin in the softner maybe worn out. I have four people living in...
  17. J

replacing pressure tank

I am going to replace my current 19 year old, rusted, 20 gallon Well-x-trol tank with either a 44 or 62 gallon tank. I'm also want to replace the pressure switch, guage, check valve and all pipping. I found the tank and parts on line for half the price the local pump guy charges. Is this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks