Search results

1. web_surfer

drain ?'s - proper use combos, etc

After doing much reading on this board & others I have a gut feeling that some of the drain work done in my house is not correct. Bear in mind that the city plumbing inspector has been there twice & passed it as shown in pictures. 1st picture is in basement showing 90 bend with heel inlet -...
  2. web_surfer

grounding ?

Answer regarding grounding question no longer needed. After 5+ days and not a single response found answers elsewhere.
  3. web_surfer

Water pressure & PRV ?

In past posts on this forum I believe the general consensus is that a PRV is not needed if water pressure is under 80psi. A couple of months ago the new copper plumbing was completed - all type L. 1" from meter to water heater & 3/4" after that to various locations that then divide off into...
  4. web_surfer

closet lighting ?

Have two small closets that it would be nice to have lighting in. One is a small linen closet about 18" wide x 18" deep & the other is a pantry in kitchen about 18" deep by 40" wide. Was planning on using two 40" T5 microflourescent enclosed fixtures mounted vertically on wall by doors of...
  5. web_surfer

water flow indicator on main line

Is there some type of water flow sensor that can be installed on the main line right after the water meter that would sense a sudden increase in water flow (such as a ruptured pipe, hose, etc.)? I know they make sensors for the existence of water after it has leaked out. However, it would...
  6. web_surfer

Air test vs water test

Now that the plumber is gone & I have finished the laundry hookups we are ready for the city plumbing inspector to come through next week. When talked to him on the phone I told him that we (me & plumber) would do an air pressure test @ 80lb; however he said it really wasn't necessary, that...
  7. web_surfer

water hammer arrestor location ?

Ok, the plumber is finished w/ the re-plumbing of the house except for the laundry area in the basement. He left this area for me to do since he had to leave for a large commercial job up North (which was known when hired him - so he didn't abandon me). He is coming back to look over what I do...
  8. web_surfer

wiring in bathroom

Have quick question on wiring a new bathroom. We are putting a light in the tub/shower area. The light is sealed against moisture. When the wire was run, UF wire was used since we considered this a damp location due to the high humidity that is typically in bathrooms, especially the...
  9. web_surfer

copper soldered joint ?

I have a question relating to analyzing a soldered copper joint. I know I read something fairly recently about sawing a soldered joint in half and then flattening each half & separating the soldered pieces to see if the solder completely filled the joint. The writing also had explanations as...
  10. web_surfer

pipe/joint seating ?

Have a question relating to the seating of copper pipes in joints. We are having house replumbed, went with copper. Pipes were all laid out, measured & cut to proper lengths. Now, after pipes are sweat there is about 1/2" difference in length. There are only two joints in this 20' (two 10'...
  11. web_surfer

sweating/flux ?'s

Have two questions relating to sweating & flux. 1) Have read in numerous posts on various boards about refluxing a joint while sweating a joint. Am I to take it that flux can be added to a joint while sweating it? Is this is in fact an accepted procedure? 2) Have also read that if...
  12. web_surfer

ball valve survey

Since the topic of installing a ball valve is currently a topic I am curious as to what ball valves board members use? And, maybe a brief reason as to why? Thanks, Matt
  13. web_surfer

MOEN HOT/COLD SILL FAUCET (hc400512)

It is Moen's single handle hot/cold frost-free sill faucet. Has anyone had any experience with these faucets? Looking at installing one, but have not heard much about them. Will be using the solder on version. Directions from Moen do not say anything about taking the internal...
  14. web_surfer

Cast iron fitting installed in cast iron soil pipe

As a long time reader I have gained a lot of information from this site. Now I have a question that will hopefully be answered. If it has been addressed elsewhere previously please let me know. I am adding a cast iron 4" x 4" x 3" upright wye (new Charlotte Pipe) in the 4" vertical cast...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks