Search results

1. metropxp

Ice Maker fill valve noise

Terry - Thanks for all the advice. I did put a water hammer arrestor on the line and also found out my water pressure reducing valve had failed. Swapped that out as well and now the ice maker isn't loud anymore.
  2. metropxp

Thanks for the advice. Have opened the valve fully. Also, I forgot to mention in the original post that I also have an inline water filter. Terry -- I thought water hammer would occur after the valve closes? The only time I experience noise is when the ice maker is filling. Again, the noise...
  3. metropxp

When our ice maker fills the valve makes this awful ratchet-like noise. It's definitely the fill valve and the noise subsides if I turn the water on in the kitchen sink. The water supply for the ice maker does come off the cold water for the kitchen sink. Is this a valve issue or is it...
  4. metropxp

Ice maker sounds like a ratchet

As I posted above, it doesn't seem to be anything with the ice maker gears or the ice dropping. The sound is coming from the valve. Not being a plumber, I'm assuming the ice drops, then something in the ice maker tells the valve to open refilling the ice maker. It is during this refilling...
  5. metropxp

It's definitely happening when filling. I can hear the ice drop without incident and, as luck would have it, I happened to be looking in the freezer for something the other day when the ice dropped. Nice and quiet, so I waited for the fill. I could see the water going into the ice maker and...
  6. metropxp

More often than not when my ice maker starts filling it makes an awful ratchet-sounding noise. It sounds like it is coming from the valve. Could it be too much pressure or could it somehow have frozen?
  7. metropxp

Toto Aquia - keeps running as though tank is still filling

CURSES...Foiled again. Toilet is running again even with the new cap. A few questions, but first thank you to all the experts and DIY folks for sharing their knowledge. Now: 1) Do I NEED the flow reducer? This is about the third time I've swapped out the cap (once a year, basically) and...
  8. metropxp

Never mind. Long story short...I got a bad cap. "It couldn't be the cap, I just replaced it." New one seems to be doing the trick. Although I am still curious about the "flow reducer." What is it and where do I find it within the mechanism?
  9. metropxp

Terry, I'm confused: "If you replace the assembly cap, remember to remove the "flow reducer" and reuse it in the new cap. It's a little green sleeve that fits inside the fill port on the cap." Is the assembly cap the same as the Quiet Fill replacement cap? If so, what is the "flow reducer?"...
  10. metropxp

We have the dual flush and have been happy with it. Every year or so I get some noise after filling and replace the cap and move on. Recently, however, the one in the master bath sounds like it keeps running. The odd thing is if you flush the toilet in the main bath or turn on the water in...
  11. metropxp

Noisy ice maker

A few months further along and the ice maker still squeals. HJ, I do not have a water dispenser, just the ice maker. I'm wondering if it is something between the connection at the back of the fridge and the ice maker. We actually don't use a lot of ice, so we put up with the squealing for a...
  12. metropxp

Noisy ice maker

So I changed the filter, flushed it twice as instructions stated, and it still squeals when filling. No problems, incidentally, during the filter flush process, so does that mean the problem is somewhere between the filter and the ice maker? The thing really is loud.
  13. metropxp

Noisy ice maker

It is a real valve. I, too, like 1/4-turn ball valves. The plumber ripped out my two-year old 1/4-turn valves in the bathrooms and put in multi-turn valves. I'll try changing out the filter again.
  14. metropxp

Noisy ice maker

The line to our ice maker comes off the cold water supply of the kitchen faucet, into a filter and then to a Sears/Kenmore with the freezer on top. (Don't know if any of this matters, but wanted to be thorough.) My problem is whenever it fills it makes this really loud squealing noise. The...
  15. metropxp

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Thanks for stopping the running toilet Terry, Thanks for the advice. Since I'm 2300 miles from Seattle I went to one of the big warehouse stores near me and found the cap for $2.37. Five minutes after I was home the toilet was silent. Thanks again. :D:D:D
  16. metropxp

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Fill valve issue --toilet is running We had two Toto Aquia installed 1 1/2 years ago. Now one is constantly running. I followed the procedures for cleaning the flush valve and fill valve, but it seems to be an issue with the float not shutting off the water. Is there something else I should...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks