Search results

1. Agu

Super Salesman

Superstore hired new salesman. At the end of his first day the manager asked how many customers he served. He responded "1". The manager asked how he was going to survive with only one customer, every other sales person had at least a dozen sales. "I sold him some fish hooks, and then a...
  2. Agu

Gutter repair Question

1980's single story home with original gutters and downspouts. The finish is shot and I have to clean off mold and mildew every two or three months. A lot of the nail and ferrule brackets are failed or sagging as is the gutter in spots. In addition the previous owner thought that enough caulk...
  3. Agu

Replacing Washer outlet with dual receptacle

Current outlet in the laundry room is a single 20 amp dedicated outlet for the washing machine. From what I can determine that was code when my house was built. Current washer draws 10 amps, I want to add a dryer booster fan that draws .6 amps but have no place to plug it in. So I have two...
  4. Agu

Your showerhead can kill you ...

Recent research found that mycobacterium avium lives in the majority of showerheads tested... http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE58E03U20090916 Heard Dr Pace interviewed on NPR and he found that plastic showerheads/ plumbing harbored a significantly higher level of...
  5. Agu

Correct screw orientation ?

Replaced all the outlets and switches in my house with the help of an electrician friend. Could have done it myself but with an older home I wanted to have him confirm everything was done right and up to code. He did find and correct some questionable wiring, for which at some time he'll call in...
  6. Agu

Dryer Booster fans ?

My dryer runs forever, gets hot and takes two cycles to dry clothes, and that's with a new clothes dryer. (Electric dryer if that's an issue) I suspect it's because the 4" dryer vent is 25' long with 5 elbows. I've upgraded the dryer and checked the ductwork for obstructions (none) with no...
  7. Agu

Water heaters and unions

My older home has a water heater I've considered upgrading to a more efficient model. After checking out the current model it appears this house is on it's third water heater already, both hot and cold have two coupling soldered in line. In fact there's no room to add another coupling without...
  8. Agu

Exterior repair/paint question on stucco

My house was built in the early 80's, concrete block with hand applied stucco over the block. We painted it about 5 years ago and the stucco was in perfect condition. About three years ago the house was hit by a mini tornado. I was home at the time and after it hit I went out front to see how...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks