Search results

1. florida_wen

closet flanges - what's good?

:) This afternoon I just purchased two Sioux Chief 884-PTM PVC w/stainless steel ring toilet flanges.... extremely difficult to find a supply house here in Tampa that stocks these.... for two new Toto UltraMax toilets I am installing this weekend. The original PVC flanges here in our 16 year...
  2. florida_wen

Is Toto Colonial White similar to American Standard White?

Toto color samples arrived quickly.... I too was concerned if Toto colors would match the existing ceramic tile, tub & fixtures I presently have so I telephoned Toto and spoke with a very nice Customer Rep. who immediately (she was actually addressing the mailer bag as we were talking) sent out...
  3. florida_wen

Reliable Kitchen Sink Garbage Disposal ??

Yes, that is true, and for 99% of our food by-products we use "the garbage can", but my Wife likes to use the kitchen sink disposer to quickly get rid of the real "stinky" stuff like inedible parts of fish, or just small pieces of fat she trims off chicken, etc. She probably uses the disposer...
  4. florida_wen

Reliable Kitchen Sink Garbage Disposal ??

:confused: I have been searching the many forums here and I am trying to get opinions and suggestions to help me purchase a very RELIABLE, long lasting and hopefully "trouble free", kitchen sink GARBAGE DISPOSAL. Our 16 year old Sinkmaster just "died". We have had Insinkerator in two other...
  5. florida_wen

CEFIONTECT /CeFiONtect , a customer poll and reviews

CEFIONTECT - WHITE only ?? We are definitely convinced TOTO toilets are superior to all others, as we had two in our house that we recently sold, and they were always reliable and worked great. We are about a month away from replacing the two toilets in THIS house we recently purchased (and...
  6. florida_wen

Bathroom counter height?

Our last house.... in Leesburg, Florida was one of 1,500 homes located in one of Pringle's gated "active adult" (retirement) communities. These homes there were built from 1996 through 2005 and it's all built out now. We were second owners and the house was built in late 1999. The builder...
  7. florida_wen

How Do I Remove Bathtub Slider Door "track" ??

Please Help !! :confused: I want to remove this "bottom track" (as I wrote) but I am terrified of ruining the tub. PLEASE HELP !! I mentioned to ("prepared") my Wife that we just might have to REPLACE the old tub -or- get a "new" sliding door that will "cover" any damage done by the removal...
  8. florida_wen

Water Softener and Loop

We were lucky.... .... in our house in Valrico, Florida (slab foundation, block walls, built in 1999) because as the house was being constructed the plumber was smart enough to install a "loop" along with a drain line inside the garage. It probably took him an additional 20 minutes and maybe...
  9. florida_wen

Unknown adhesive used? When I think of silicone, I think of the adhesive/caulk that the auto glass installers use to seat and seal the new windshields in place. I also think of GE (or other brand) Silicone CAULK, like we all use, to weatherproof and waterproof many items inside and outside our...
  10. florida_wen

I just removed the original 1989 aluminum framed glass bathtub slider doors and 3/4 of the bronze (not brass) anodized (talk about "retro") colored aluminum frame. Sure, six small 3/16" holes remain in the tiles where the plastic anchors were removed, but thankfully no cracked tiles. I'll fill...
  11. florida_wen

Relocate Toilet - Solid Slab Foundation

..... great suggestions !! ........ a GREAT suggestion....... a nice, powerful window fan pushing out the airborne particles. THANKS !! :) ......... and THANKS for the "heads up" about the Shop-Vac filter ....... ;) After once spending a summer making a Versa-Lok splitface block wall...
  12. florida_wen

"dx" wrote..... If you want to see how the drain pipe is run under the slab, get a plumber out with a sewer camera. You see every turn, T or Y and the distance to it. FANTASTIC idea ....... thanks !! Although it has been suggested in a few previous replies, I think this is the best (and...
  13. florida_wen

Removing a tub and installing a shower

I think I was born with the “D.I.Y. chromosome†inherited from my Father’s side, who was a great machinist, home remodeler and had many “mister fix-it†talents. As I read through many of these forum messages and replies, I certainly learn the proper “techniques and trade secrets†of...
  14. florida_wen

thezster - got any pictures ???? I would love to actually see some pictures. I'm a "nut" with the digital camera, photograph everything I do :D !! I happen to find the following on a D.I.Y. forum: As to finding an under slab line, contact a plumbing company that has a SeeSnake with...
  15. florida_wen

You're 100% correct....... ....... I guess was thinking of a "small" hand held hammer drill, purchased used for like $75 - $100, something like the auto body shops used to cut steel. I'm sure that what alhurley is describing (Hilti 505) is ceratainly the professional (and easiest) way to go...
  16. florida_wen

this may sound "dumb"........ ........ but are there any "publications" or "guides" to properly instruct me in cutting into the slab so I won't crack it. I'm sure there is no water pipes and no re-bar where I will be cutting and hopefully no wire mesh under there. I have used water cooled...
  17. florida_wen

Identify TILE

to try and simplify..... .... we have two bathrooms, both small, both "outdated" (1989) and both carpeted. BOTH need major renovations / upgrades (including tiled floors). I am starting with the guest bathroom, the "slightly" smaller of the two and the "easier". Oddly enough, they both have...
  18. florida_wen

yes I fully understand..... .... the extreme amount of difficulty and frustration a project like this can be. Luckily I am only moving the toilet about three feet from the original location, but more at the "end of the line" so to speak, so this new drain/waste pipe will actually be "higher"...
  19. florida_wen

Which CONTROLLER is "best" ??

I need a brand new, 6 zone, high quality Controller. I have read quite a few forum posts on the web but unfortunately I'm still quite undecided between controllers. I actually had a RainBird and a RainDial controller in homes I owned before. We recently purchased a very nice home in Plant City...
  20. florida_wen

Identify TILE

I guess I was lucky....... Although it was the first large wall tile project I ever did (six years ago), I guess I was very lucky to have tile with identifying logos on the back. Back then, the original tile I was trying to match on the walls of our 1964 raised ranch in Connecticut, that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks