Search results

1. Wallskev

Black Scum in Tank

We have 4 Toilets - all Mansfield 160's. In ONLY ONE there is a Black Scum in places and some of this scum floats off when we flush. Where it is stuck on parts, it is hard to remove. This one toilet is used less frequency then others. Does anyone know what this may be and how to...
  2. Wallskev

Sticky Mansfield 160 Flush Valves

I have 3 toilets with extremely sticky Mansfield Flush Valves on 160 Toilets after 6 years. I read somewhere that this is caused by suction and bad gaskets after use of chlorine in the tanks. (My wife does that before we leave on trips due to growth in the tanks) ? 1. Should I replace the...
  3. Wallskev

PRV Adjustments

A recent issue has me wondering "Open a Tap or do closed ?" :confused: When adjusting the PRV do you adjust it A. Open - with the downstream taps open ? B. Closed, reading the gauge, then run a tap and retest or readjust ? Thanks
  4. Wallskev

Proper Sub-straits for this tile installation

We are located in North Carolina, USA. We are converting a Exterior 14 x 18 screen porch into an all weather room and want to Tile the Floor. The space as a finished ceiling and will have all aluminum windows and glass enclosures and doors. The present floor is 1x6 decking with a small...
  5. Wallskev

reverse osmosis system

TDS testershould do the trick Check out this TDS tester. Not expensive http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/detail.asp?product_id=tds-meter-4-hmd Kevin
  6. Wallskev

MW SIngle Pane Window Question

I have MW Single pane windows. (http://www.mwwindows.com/vinyl/classic/cl-sh.asp) I am trying to understand how to temporarly remove the upper sashs so I can swing in drywall on the second floor. There are 2 metal screw clips , one on each side just below the upper sashs. When removed the...
  7. Wallskev

New Drain Lines

I am about to re-pipe the main drains in the crawel space (39" high) to eliminate the large looping drain as shown in the picture #1 as wellas to add cleanouts. Some questions: 1. The slope on the main line has a minimum 1/4" per foot or 6 1/3 inches. Can it eceed the 1/4 per foot...
  8. Wallskev

Confused on Drain Line Routing

I am confused on the drains in my crawel sapce. Discovered this after a major blockage stoped up all lines ! Cost me over $200 :( to get cleared... The plumber then questioned the way the lines were routed. Note from the picture that all the drains of all the fixtures from the house run into...
  9. Wallskev

House Septic Drain Question

I have 2 main lines in my crawl space for sewer drains to spetic system. One 4" line runs 3 feet east to west and crosses over the South to North line, turns and runs North to South for 25-30 feet. It has all the 2 inch drains and 3 toilet drains( 4 in) connected to it. Then turns 90...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks