Search results

1. Tnixa

Pump drain plug help

Correct, some of the threads are broken off on the left side. There are about 4 or 5 threads left.
  2. Tnixa

Pump drain plug help

I have an older shallow well pump that i winterize every year. Part of the area where the drain plug screws in has rusted off so I attempted to install a needle valve so i wouldn't have to remove it every year. But while screwing in the needle valve it started going sideways so maybe the threads...
  3. Tnixa

Air check valve closes during brine draw

I just talked to Pentair tech support and they had me push the injector to see if it would go in more and it did go in slightly so I'm hoping that was the problem. I'll report back after I monitor the next cycle.
  4. Tnixa

Yes, the clear housing is full with the ball floating after brine fill completes. I checked it after a couple hours and it was down about 1/4". I've been checking it today and its been down about 1/2" which is just below where the brine tube attaches at the top. The water level seems to be...
  5. Tnixa

I have an Autotrol 255 system and it was working well until I changed out the resin lately and since then I am having trouble drawing brine. At the beginning of the brine draw the water in the air check valve goes down and the valve closes. I can get it to work if I go to the refill stage for a...
  6. Tnixa

Boiler stainless vent pipe leaking water

I have a boiler that is horizontally vented with 3" FastNSeal vent pipes and one of the joints is leaking water. I took the pipes apart at the joint and I noticed the gasket was disintegrating. Can I replace just the gaskets? I looked on the Duravent site for FastNSeal replacement gaskets but I...
  7. Tnixa

Autotrol Iron Filter Problem

Thanks Gary and others for the responses so far. This is a big help. I am trying to get the results from our last well water test. Sounds like they do them every year. The equipment I mention is only treating my house. I don't believe there are any chemical filters coming out of the well pump...
  8. Tnixa

I'll try to get some iron numbers soon. Am I correct in thinking the paper filters would be a decent option if my water didn't contain a lot of iron where the other tank systems would be needed if the iron amounts were higher?
  9. Tnixa

My house was built about 8 years ago on a shared well and the plumbers put in a Autotrol 268/440i (had to put in a logix 700 controller last year) potassium permanganate iron filter and a 255/400 water softener. The system has worked fine for the most part until about 3 months ago the water was...
  10. Tnixa

New Toto Drake GMAX fill valve dripping

I had the exact same problem as trout_chaser with my new Toto Ultramax. I discovered a very small piece of plastic (or whatever material the flush valve is made out of) that was interfering with the flapper causing the water to slowly leak into the bowl. After sanding down the small piece of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks