Search results

1. jwilson

How does this P-trap come apart?

Is there a stub under the flared piece that the trap is soldered to? I will be putting in a new pedestal sink, so I want to replace all the way up to the wall. Of course, I'm hoping not to open the wall. Thanks
  2. jwilson

Redoing bathroom plumbing

I'm painting, updating my old bathroom. House is circa 1925. The sink drain goes into a chrome slip fit nut, then into a P-trap that has what looks like a socket fitting that joins what I call a spud tube with built in bell that mates the wall. It is all chromed, with some pitting. How...
  3. jwilson

Gas shut off valves at appliances only?

I'm adding some appliances and upping my meter and gas header size to 1". The existing plumbing has a 3/4" shut off valve soon after the meter. Does the code require I put in a shut off valve near the meter or do I only need valves at the appliances? Thanks
  4. jwilson

Winter - Summer Hook Up

This post relates to boiler, tankless heaters and hot water heaters, and my main question is whether what I want to do is allowed so I posted it in the plumbing forum - I hope that's right. I have a steam boiler with a hot water coil, a gas h/w heater and a tankless water heater. I want to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks