Search results

1. Violin

Dishwasher drain directly into waste line

One last question: The photo at the beginning of the thread shows copper up to the Johnson Tee whereas I've also seen photos with PVC, like this: Is there any good reason not to use the PVC (it would make it much easier to get the drain exactly where I want it)?
  2. Violin

I don't like the standpipe. It looks like I'll make my own Johnson Tee out of PVC parts. It will be on an interior wall about 12" from the exterior wall and I plan to run a length of PVC to the exterior vent. Any problems with that idea? Should it slope down 1/4" toward the exterior...
  3. Violin

Supply house says air gaps haven't been required here for a while and they don't carry Johnson Tees.
  4. Violin

Yep - I was able to find that name on the interwebs. I haven't found anyplace that sells it online. I'll take a drive over to my local supply house and see if they carry it. Does anyone know where to buy one online? This is what the outside looks like: If I could easily connect the...
  5. Violin

That's what I figured. I think I'll go with SewerRat's setup above. What does that look like outside of the house? - Just a PVC pipe sticking out of the wall, (mine is vinyl siding) or is there something more outside? Finally, if I use 1 1/2" PVC for the drain, what size pipe should I use...
  6. Violin

One of the recommended installation methods for mine (Fisher & Paykel) shows the drain hose being looped up high and inserted into a standpipe. I'm guessing that would eliminate the need for an air gap, but it looks like its asking for trouble. I'd rather a backup be directed outside than into...
  7. Violin

SewerRatz - Great photo! This setup is perfect for my kitchen remodel as the dishwasher and sink will be on adjacent walls. What's the minimum size for the copper pipe? I assume there is some type of brass fitting to clamp the dishwasher hose to but I can't tell from the photo...
  8. Violin

Help with Kohler Shower Drain

Not without buying a length of it. I've already built the shower pan around the Kohler drain.
  9. Violin

I plumbed the drain using standard PVC and have access to it through a crawl space. I'm not a plumber, but a pretty experienced do-it-yourselfer. With either 2" or 3", the fit is not at all snug and the fitting can fall right off.
  10. Violin

I am using this Kohler K-9136 tile-in shower drain: http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=13190702 Installation instructions: http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1090854_2.pdf I think this is made to be solvent welded to schedule 40 PVC but the fit is very loose...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks