Search results

1. ckl111

Laundry sink and box hookup

Can I add another vent like this with a tee?
  2. ckl111

Laundry sink and box hookup

Doing a laundry sink and washer box along a horizontal 2” drain line. Do I need to vent the sink too.
  3. ckl111

Need help identifying PEX system

Thanks for the quick reply.
  4. ckl111

Need help identifying PEX system

This is the first time I’ve come across these fittings. Can I use copper crimp or stainless steel rings with this pex pipe system?
  5. ckl111

Help with double vanity

Thanks for the advice.
  6. ckl111

Help with double vanity

The pipes are 1 1/2"s.
  7. ckl111

Help with double vanity

Hi Demo'd a double vanity and discovered this layout. The double vanity is connected with a double Wye. Is this incorrect or should I be replacing with a double tee?
  8. ckl111

Is this an S-trap?

Assuming that the drain line is properly vented in the wall, is there a problem with a long tailpiece connected to a low p-trap? I can only guess that it was installed like that for looks but I don't know how it ever passed inspection. This was in a two year old house so I would think it was...
  9. ckl111

Is this an S-trap?

This is the second drain in a month I've seen like this. Is it legal?
  10. ckl111

Drain on main shutoff valve?

My point was that the drain port at the main valve has little value. To drain the system, you would open up the closest faucet to the shut off and not bother with the drain port.
  11. ckl111

Drain on main shutoff valve?

I really depends on your municipality. A stop and waste valve is required around here and the inspectors look for it. It hardly adds anything to the cost of the valve. I never seen the use for the waste port on the main line though. For a hose bibb sure but it would take hours to drain the...
  12. ckl111

NON IC rated lighting

You answered your own question. You use IC lights in an insulated ceiling and a non-IC light everywhere else. You can use an IC light everywhere else too but it is a waste of money. Insulation contact (IC) lights are designed to be air-tight so that it doesn't leak warm, moist air from the...
  13. ckl111

Copper and Green Stains

Wasn't this a day early for April fools?
  14. ckl111

gas stove supply line replacement

I never meant to suggest using T-tape on a flared joint. NOTHING should be used on a flared gas connection. Neither pipe dope nor T-tape.
  15. ckl111

I've never used T-tape nor ANY of my licensed gas fitters but it is available. http://www.oatey.com/brands/harvey/products/thread-sealants/pipe-thread-sealants-tapes-lubricants-gaskets/harvey-ptfe-gas-thread-seal-tape...
  16. ckl111

I don't know about the rest of North America but around here you can get a cheaper pipe dope that is not approved for gas fittings. http://www.gfthompson.com/index.php/masters/masters-no-leak-detail You are right that the "gas approved" pipe dope can be used for EVERY thing else but the...
  17. ckl111

Follow the instructions that came with the kit. You only use GAS APPROVED pipe dope on the male threads screwing the adapters into the shut off and the regulator. Don't use regular plumbing dope; the gas can react with it. DO NOT use any pipe dope at all on the flared (beveled) end of the...
  18. ckl111

I hate my neighbors Plumber

At least you could shut off the water by yourself. In these parts, you would have needed a curb key which I doubt most homeowners would have.
  19. ckl111

Standard procedure for mounting pedestal sink?

After everything has been aligned and tightened up top, I usually put a little bit of silicone between the floor and the back of the pedestal to hold it in place.
  20. ckl111

Odd P trap

I thought p-traps with a union joint weren't allowed under the floor since it would be sealed in or is that just for ABS p-traps?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks