Search results

1. Handiman

main line pressure regulator location?

Hello, I recently pressure tested my lines at the faucet nearest the main line from the street. The pressure on the ORBIT gauge reads 45PSI. Isn't the average pressure supposed to be between 55-70PSI. Problem is, I can't find the damn pressure regulator anywhere starting at where the line...
  2. Handiman

Another WAX-RING question?

Hello, I recently added tile to 2 bathrooms. The tile was laid down around the existing flange to where the tile now sits flush with the top of the flange. The old toilet sat on the same flange on top of the subfloor perfectly. Since the 1/4" backerboard and 1/4" tile probably added a...
  3. Handiman

Is this a check valve installed on my WH return line???

Hello, I'm trying to figure out if I need the check valve already installed on my recirculating pump or not. I can't tell if this (pic) is actually a check valve already installed on my WH return line right above the recirculating pump. If it is, I guess I can remove the check valve that is...
  4. Handiman

LOW Temp or HIGH Temp AQUASTAT for WH?

Hello, I'm trying to find out which would be the best aquastat option for my recirculating pump on my water heater (dedicated return line). Thermostatic Controls (2): The Low temp model switches the pump off at 105 degrees and back on at 85 degrees. The High temp model switches the pump off...
  5. Handiman

Recirculating pump install questions? (PIC)

Hey, I have a 75 gallon Bradford White natural gas WH and have questions about my GRUNDFOS recirculating pump. It is a 20 year old (UP 15-18 SU) model. Is the best way to install these by tying into the return line on the bottom of the WH discharge/drain? At least I think that is the return...
  6. Handiman

TOTO's made in VIETNAM?

Hey, I just took a tour of some new upscale model homes recently and saw that their TOTO toilets are made in VIETNAM (opened the lid and said on inside of the bowl). They are a two piece toilet 1.6 gallon flush. I thought all TOTO's were made in the USA? Would these be lesser quality TOTO...
  7. Handiman

Best GRUNDFOS recirculator pump?

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out what is the best recirculating pump to get? I have seen recirculating pumps at LOWES and ********* which say WATTS but made by GRUNDFOS. I have always heard that the GRUNDFOS's are the best pumps. Anyway, my application will be installing a recirculating...
  8. Handiman

GRUNDFOS recirculating installation?

Just got a new water heater and the plumber insisted that all recirculating pumps should now be installed to recirculate hot water down at the drain valve instead of on top of the water heater. Is this the best place for the GRUNDFOS, b/c I think their website says to install at the top of the...
  9. Handiman

Bradford White water heater model questions?

Hello, well my 20year old STATE water heater is now leaking so I have to replace it. I see in here that many like the Bradford White water heaters. I figured out my FHR is 48, being a 3 bedroom house 3+1=4 x 12gallons=48. My current water heater is 75 gallons which seems to big according to...
  10. Handiman

Can't remove anode rod or fill tube???

Hello, I'm trying to lengthen the usable life of my water heater by replacing the anode rod (ZINC?) and using an angled fill (dip) tube (to really get all the debris out). Problem is I can't get either one off. It's almost as if they are welded on there with rust and corrosion. I tried...
  11. Handiman

2 main irrigation shutoff valves?

Hello, I have a 20+ year old house with everything RAINBIRD. I'm having trouble turning on the water after the system was winterized (first time trying this). I have 3 zones with 3 antisiphon valves (1 foot underground) and a backflow preventer (above ground). It looks like I have 2 main...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks