Search results

1. Handiman

main line pressure regulator location?

Hello, I recently pressure tested my lines at the faucet nearest the main line from the street. The pressure on the ORBIT gauge reads 45PSI. Isn't the average pressure supposed to be between 55-70PSI. Problem is, I can't find the damn pressure regulator anywhere starting at where the line...
  2. Handiman

Another WAX-RING question?

Hello, I recently added tile to 2 bathrooms. The tile was laid down around the existing flange to where the tile now sits flush with the top of the flange. The old toilet sat on the same flange on top of the subfloor perfectly. Since the 1/4" backerboard and 1/4" tile probably added a...
  3. Handiman

LOW Temp or HIGH Temp AQUASTAT for WH?

Hey, well actually now I don't think my return line ever gets below 85 degrees. Probably b/c I always have my water heater set at 140 degrees. So now I'm thinking of getting the higher temp model 105 degrees to 115 degrees (GRUNDFOS 595656). Also, I can't seem to figure out where the aquastat...
  4. Handiman

Is this a check valve installed on my WH return line???

Thanks. It was installed on the return line for the WH, right above the recirculating pump. I'm assuming it must be for the recirculating pump, so I'm thinking I might as well remove the little cheap plastic check valve that is installed in my new recirculating pump.
  5. Handiman

Is this a check valve installed on my WH return line???

Hello, I'm trying to figure out if I need the check valve already installed on my recirculating pump or not. I can't tell if this (pic) is actually a check valve already installed on my WH return line right above the recirculating pump. If it is, I guess I can remove the check valve that is...
  6. Handiman

Thanks hj. I was thinking 115 degrees was really too hot. The recirculating pump on the return line is right next to the water heater and that 1/2" copper pipe I don't think would ever reach 115.
  7. Handiman

Hello, I'm trying to find out which would be the best aquastat option for my recirculating pump on my water heater (dedicated return line). Thermostatic Controls (2): The Low temp model switches the pump off at 105 degrees and back on at 85 degrees. The High temp model switches the pump off...
  8. Handiman

Faster/more efficient hot water

I wouldn't think 5' of 1/2" pipe would make any difference in heat delivery. How old is your WH? BTW: CWH would be more accurate than HWH (WH is the accurate term). If your WH is older than 13 years, you should probably consider replacement if not supplying ample heat. If GAS fired WH you...
  9. Handiman

Recirculating pump install questions? (PIC)

Thanks for the replies. Sorry forgot to mention the WH and expansion tank are new (recently installed), only the 20 year old GRUNDFOS was transfered over from the old leaking WH. 1. This (return line) is the best spot to install a recirculating pump at the WH drain? 2. So with having a...
  10. Handiman

Recirculating pump install questions? (PIC)

Hey, I have a 75 gallon Bradford White natural gas WH and have questions about my GRUNDFOS recirculating pump. It is a 20 year old (UP 15-18 SU) model. Is the best way to install these by tying into the return line on the bottom of the WH discharge/drain? At least I think that is the return...
  11. Handiman

TOTO's made in VIETNAM?

Hey, I just took a tour of some new upscale model homes recently and saw that their TOTO toilets are made in VIETNAM (opened the lid and said on inside of the bowl). They are a two piece toilet 1.6 gallon flush. I thought all TOTO's were made in the USA? Would these be lesser quality TOTO...
  12. Handiman

Sams Club Dual Flush Toilets

Thanks for the review!!! I was looking at this toilet as well for my 30 unit apartment building, current toilets are 20+ years old. Have you run into any issues with flushing power? How does this toilet fair with totally flushing liquid waste and solid waste? Does it handle large solid waste...
  13. Handiman

Consumer Reports August 2009 toilet report rates American Standard Champion 4 #1

TOTO doesn't completely flush liquid waste? I don't like the part about the TOTO's not flushing liquid waste completely (according to CR). Is this true about the TOTO's not completely flushing liquid waste for those of you that own one of these toilets? I also find it hard to believe that...
  14. Handiman

Best GRUNDFOS recirculator pump?

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out what is the best recirculating pump to get? I have seen recirculating pumps at LOWES and ********* which say WATTS but made by GRUNDFOS. I have always heard that the GRUNDFOS's are the best pumps. Anyway, my application will be installing a recirculating...
  15. Handiman

GRUNDFOS recirculating installation?

Just got a new water heater and the plumber insisted that all recirculating pumps should now be installed to recirculate hot water down at the drain valve instead of on top of the water heater. Is this the best place for the GRUNDFOS, b/c I think their website says to install at the top of the...
  16. Handiman

Water Heater Recommendation

My STATE water tank just recently died on me after 24 years, started leaking from the bottom. I was in the same boat as you having a large whirlpool tube and 2 1/2 baths. I was looking at all the BRADFORD WHITE tanks b/c they are rated the best. Thought I would get the TW (THROUGH WALL) b/c...
  17. Handiman

Bradford White water heater model questions?

Hello, well my 20year old STATE water heater is now leaking so I have to replace it. I see in here that many like the Bradford White water heaters. I figured out my FHR is 48, being a 3 bedroom house 3+1=4 x 12gallons=48. My current water heater is 75 gallons which seems to big according to...
  18. Handiman

2 main irrigation shutoff valves?

LOL, well I figured it out myself. The valve after the PVB (pressure vacuum breaker) was actually a drain valve (hence water filling up tube), so all I had to do was turn it clockwise (shut) and all is working great. GEEZ that took forever to figure out something so simple.
  19. Handiman

Can't remove anode rod or fill tube???

Hello, I'm trying to lengthen the usable life of my water heater by replacing the anode rod (ZINC?) and using an angled fill (dip) tube (to really get all the debris out). Problem is I can't get either one off. It's almost as if they are welded on there with rust and corrosion. I tried...
  20. Handiman

2 main irrigation shutoff valves?

Well looks like the main irrigation shutoff valves are right before the PVB (pressure vacuum breaker) and then right after it. What is the sequence for turning on the water without the water filling and pouring out of the main irrigation shutoff valve after the PVB backflow preventer? Never...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks