Search results

1. M

Another hot water mystery

Okay. I guess you guys knew this already, but the serrated temperature range setting ring appears to not have anything to do with it. The set is by Price-Pfister. There are 4 screws holding a metal plate holding down, I assume, a flange on the valve. Where do I go from here? Thanks much again.
  2. M

I think you guys are absolutely right. I remember thinking this morning that I shut the valve a little too vigorously. I think I remember it sleeves into some serrations. Hopefully I haven't stripped it too much.
  3. M

Thanks very much for any help with this. I have a tankless HWH that has basically been working as advertised. Took a hot shower this morning but came home to discover that I can't get the water to warm beyond luke (that's a term, right?) at the shower although it's piping hot at the...
  4. M

Noritz NR71: What does the flashing code mean?

Okay. I know it's been some time, but thought I'd post a follow-up since clearing things up. Bird's nest in the exhaust. Apparently an anti-bird thimble was left off. And for you nature lovers-and who among us isn't?- we carefully removed the nest and placed it nearby in a tree as the building...
  5. M

Yes. It's just flashing with no pattern. It apparently means "something's wrong" with no more detail than that. The Noritz folks also suggested descaling, so I'll do that first. Thanks again for the help.
  6. M

Hi, I'm needing some advice on my tankless. It's been running beautifully for about 16 months but in the past couple of days has stopped heating a few minutes into use. The front error lamp just flashes repeatedly with no pattern. If I recycle the power on it, it'll start up and give me...
  7. M

Tankless conundrum leaving us with chilly showers

I think I figured it out Even though there's a lot of water coming out of the tub faucet, the mixing valve is set to add the hot in the last 15 degree of the ~100 degree sweep of the handle. So, it's actually not as much as the lav by itself unless added to by the lav or washing machine...
  8. M

Tankless conundrum leaving us with chilly showers

Hello everyone, I'm two days into having a Noritz NR71 installed and am getting some odd results. I'm hoping some of you guys can point me in a good direction. Here are the symptoms: 1) Turn on hot valve at the lav in bathroom alone, unit comes on and stays on: hot water as...
  9. M

It's like tinker toys, right?

Thanks Right. Good point about the longer water runs and extra corners as well as the joists.
  10. M

I don't think that's it. This is just hot and cold pipes that I want to move to the edges of the attic space. So, what do you think? Cut in 1/2, wrench out and replace segments or remove and replace everything downstream from a common juncture?
  11. M

water only the other stuff is fortunately, out of the way.
  12. M

Okay. Just kidding. I'm sure this is much more difficult than it appears. :D My wife and I want to semi vault a couple of rooms in the house which will require re-routing attic plumbing (3/4" pipes-I think) to the periphery in some places. As as reasonably handy guy, is this something I could...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks