Search results

1. H

adding double vanity

The thing that concerns me about the proposed diagram is that the wall is a load bearing wall and I am hesitant to cut 2" holes in two studs. Am I overly cautious? I realize that it is much more trouble, but can I make the left lav plumbing essentially a mirror image of the...
  2. H

adding double vanity

Hi again, Ok, here are some pictures. I hope they help. The plumbing you see is situated so that I can use it for the right hand sink. The other sink will be situated 34" O/C to the left of the existing drain. I was going to separately plumb the supply lines and the drain, but I wondered...
  3. H

adding double vanity

Thanks for the reply Wally, Vent is directly over one of the new sinks/drain. I was fortunate that the plumbing for the old sink was in exactly the right location for one of the new sinks Vent and drain are 1 1/2". Second sink is 34" o/c from the other sink and vent. Sorry about the...
  4. H

adding double vanity

Good Afternoon all: I am remodeling a hall bath and changing from a single bowl vanity to a double bowl. So, I have to add plumbing for the second vanity. Since I am also moving lights, GFI plugs, etc. all of the drywall is off the wall. My question involves the vent. I have a vent on the...
  5. H

toilet clearances to wall and tub

Terry, thanks for the reply. I think I still have 15" with a 32" tub. I just checked and my toilet was cut in at 49". So, I am good to go with the 32" tub. Thanks again. Jim
  6. H

toilet clearances to wall and tub

I have an existing toilet between a wall and a tub(that I just removed). I want to put in a slightly wider tub and I need to know what the code requirement for space between the tub and toilet to see if I can add about 2" to the width of the new tub.
  7. H

New tub or old?

Phil, First thanks for the response. In answer to your question, I did not put the level on the little flange, I rested it inside the raised area. That is why I was so concerned with the drastic tilt. HJ, thanks for the info on the small lip. So, in that event, what is the consensus...
  8. H

New tub or old?

I am renovating a bath in a 30 yr old house. There is a cast iron tub that is in pretty good condition. I have the bath stripped to the studs and was checking plumb, level, etc. on the surrounding walls. I will be tiling around the tub. When checking the level of the tub, it seems to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks