Search results

1. Hudson

Leak above shower valve...between the pipe and the valve

I wouldn't have figured that out in a million years! Thanks!
  2. Hudson

Success! The uxcell "Rubber Flat Washers 20mm OD 10mm ID 3mm Thickness" worked. I removed the teflon tape. The washer did not fit easily, I had to push it down with the back of my knife. Bottom Line: The thin wall shower arm was the problem allowing the washer to slide inside. An oversized...
  3. Hudson

"Thicker walled shower arm" That make sense. I guess that takes a plumber going inside the wall? Is there an adapter or a cheat method of some kind. I'll try the wider rubber washer when it comes in.
  4. Hudson

Thanks Jeff! Recommendations to replace the tape?
  5. Hudson

Thanks Tuttles Revenge! The shower arm is to thin; the washer did go inside the pipe. I replaced the washer with just teflon tape...no washer. Now it doesn't leak above the washer, but down below where the arrow points in the picture. I ordered these rubber washers because I speculate that they...
  6. Hudson

Thanks for asking. The leak wasn't where I thought it was. The leak was down lower in the diverter where the arrow is. The connection near the pink tape was surprisingly dry even though there was no washer...just Teflon tape. Bottom line: leak is at arrow. Replace diverter?
  7. Hudson

I bought a replacement washer at Lowes, a Danco 80925. I put 2-3 turns of grey teflon tape and tightened it finger tight. It leaked. I gave it 1/8 turn with a wrench. It still leaked. I took it off. The washer had gone into the pipe and wasn't working. The guy at the plumber supply said to...
  8. Hudson

How to install a wax ring on a toilet with a offset flange

I've come full circle as an early April 2009 poster. I'm remodeling the bathroom. My installer cut the support joist out of the way and made room for the plumber to put the commode drain assembly in correctly. My wax dam held up for a long time...but now I think everything is installed...
  9. Hudson

Final word on Air Admittance Valves

This is a useful discussion...thanks to all! I am having my bathroom remodeled. The plumber said that he added venting because there wasn't any. I crawled under the house and saw a Mainline Air Admittance Valve added to the sewer plumbing....all new to me. I looked on the roof and saw 4 vent...
  10. Hudson

Bathroom sink started draining slowly

Thanks WorthFlorida and StandardAirConditioner! I have either removed or looked through the pipe from the sink to the waste pipe. It is clear. I did remove some gunk from the bottom of the tail piece...but I don't think that was causing the issue. It still doesn't drain normally. Where...
  11. Hudson

Bathroom sink started draining slowly

A few months ago I noticed that my bathroom sink started draining slower. If I wait 20 seconds, everything drains OK. The drain has been there since 75. I took the trap out and made sure that it was clear. Everything that I could see was clear all the way to the wall. I went up on the roof...
  12. Hudson

Great job webby778! Nice Pics...mine is still working fine. When it gives out, I'm going to get a plumber to get rid of my work-around. but....anything that works is good technique!
  13. Hudson

Toto Eco Drake Replaced Flush Valve With Korky 528...disadvantages?

Thanks Terry! I found this video on how to replace it...
  14. Hudson

...so this is the spare part? http://www.korky.com/fill-valves/replacement-cap-assembly-fill-valve
  15. Hudson

My April, 2009 Eco Drake flush valve kept running and wouldn't stop, so I replaced it with a Korky 528. I read Terry's contribution recommending...."The Korky 528T, Korky 528 PRO or the Korky 528MP" What are the disadvantages of leaving the Korky 528 in place? What's the average life span for...
  16. Hudson

I think that I did the same...I crammed wax in every nook and cranny until it oozed out the sides trying to make it work...it's held 6 years so far.
  17. Hudson

Results since my contribution above about 6 years ago: My solution was to get more wax and I packed it in as much as possible and hoped for the best. It's held for 6 years. No problems. I hurt my back setting the toilet...next time I will hire a plumber. I plan to re-do the bathroom...
  18. Hudson

When is it time to replace my electric water heater?

In the TOP picture above, where do the brown seeps come from? I had a brown seep or two on my previous water heater but I didn't think that it was leaking.
  19. Hudson

Nine Year Old Envirotemp 50 Gallon Water Heater

Jerry R: I asked the following questions to the person in charge of my municipal water system.... "I'm trying to find out if I should install a pressure reducing valve. How many people in the my section of the water system have pressure reducing valves? It looks like there would be no value...
  20. Hudson

Nine Year Old Envirotemp 50 Gallon Water Heater

JerryR: Thanks...that is useful info! I asked the water utility people about pressure in my neighborhood; instead of giving me a general answer they came out and checked the pressure and responded as follows: "Water Pressure Test taken today 4/28/15 @ 11:25am. Water Pressure at meter was 52...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks