Search results

1. DW85745

Pressure Assist Toilet and Water Clearing

I posted this in toilet forum but didn't show up for some reason. I've got a small belly in a three (3) inch line where it runs under the main beam of the house. Camera shows water is about one (1) inch deep in the belly. Will a pressure assist toilet push (clear) the water out of the belly...
  2. DW85745

Belly in 3 inch Line - Will Pressure Assist Keep Clear?

There is a 3 inch line running under the main beam of the house. Camera indicates about 1 inch of standing water in the line at this point. Line can't be adjusted higher because of main beam. ======= Question ======= Will a pressure assist toilet have enough pressure after flush to clear or...
  3. DW85745

Metal Potable Water Valve Shutoff Similar to Water Sprinkler Valve

As title states I'm looking for a low voltage, electrically activated shut off value to install in a potable water line. While I could use the Plastic ones used with Sprinkler systems, I am trying to locate metals ones. Pipe sizes 3/4 and 1/2 inch. Thanks
  4. DW85745

Kitchen Strainer Ring Removal

I guess I haven't been eating my Wheaties. This strainer ring (stainless steel sink) appears to have been leaking some time and is really on there. I can try and cut it off, but someone recommended heating it with a torch for a minute or two and it would come off. Biggest concern I have, is...
  5. DW85745

Identifying Shower Leak

1) Anyone have any good tips to ID a shower leak. Right now, I'm using blue painters tape and covering over the various areas (surround to wall, over glass and rubber seal, surround to shower pan, etc) then running the water and seeing if I can id the leak. Run water, then gradually remove...
  6. DW85745

Remove Rectorseal #5

Anyone have any tips or know of easy way to remove Rectorseal from threads?
  7. DW85745

PEX -- Different Manufacturer Methods and Failure Points

The PEX industry connection methods appear to continue to change. Looking for feedback on given methods especially leak problems encountered after install by any method or manufacturer. My take follows. ----------------------- Potential Fail Points. ------------------------ Abrading of the "O"...
  8. DW85745

Brazing - Vertical - Stopping Foreign Material from Running into Joint

The vertical copper pipes I need to braze have an outside rubber sleeve -- like HVAC pipe insulation e.g. Armaflex). Some sort of slip material (like grease or some other slick product) was used on the pipe to slide the insulation on. My concern is when I start heating up the pipe, this...
  9. DW85745

Finding Small Hidden Leak on Hot Potable Water Supply Side

I've isolated the Leak to the Down Stream side after the Hot Water Tank. The Connections from the Hot Water Tank to the Wall are OK. Anyone have any ideas for: 1) How I isolate the lines from inside the wall to each hot water faucet for leak testing, and 2) Once the problem line is identified...
  10. DW85745

Tie 3/4 A/C Drain Line to 3 inch Septic Drain

I'm getting tired of emptying the bucket under the A/C Drain line. Since the 3 inch line to the septic system is close by I'd thought I'd tie in the drain line with a rubber coupling, so if needed, I can clean the A/C drain line. I don't relish digging up the 3 inch line to try and get enought...
  11. DW85745

Water Pressure Decrease With "T" Installed

I installed an undersink filter. I "T" into the cold water line at the connection point between the kitchen faucet and the cold water supply to the faucet. The "T" part of the line goes to the filter and from the filter to a "separate" faucet ONLY used ON DEMAND to obtain filtered water. What...
  12. DW85745

Evaporator Replacement

I've read and searched for over a year but never found an answer to this question. Question: 1) When replacing a evaporator in a TXV heat pump, can a different manufacturers evaporator be used as long as it meets the BTU requirements of the OEM evaporator? 2) If so, if the OEM is an "A"...
  13. DW85745

Stop Soap Bubbles In Dual Tub Sink

Dealing with a stainless steel kitchen sink. Normally the left side tub is used for washing pots/pans. Right side unused. After draining left sink soap bubbles appear in right sink drain. Question: 1) Is this common -- or -- anyway to eliminate (BTW doesn't cause a problem just curious)...
  14. DW85745

Flushing Copper Pipe

I'm experiencing calcium buildup on the inner pipe walls breaking loose and clogging mostly angle (stop) values. These newer 1/4 turn values are a particular problem as they seem to clog easily. I made up a jig to flush out the lose calcium when needed. I believe I saw (read) where it is...
  15. DW85745

Compression Ring Over Silver Solder

I have a case where the 1/2 copper supply line is somewhat short coming out of the wall and currently has a cap on it. I planned to remove the cap and put a compression stop value on the end, but raised a question in my mind whether the compression ring would seal properly over the silver...
  16. DW85745

Wax versus no-wax rings

I thought I would try and No-Wax ring for the first time. There seem to be a lot on the market now since Fernco first came out with one (I believe they were first?) The differences in them appear to be: Fernco -- requires install on toilet with adhesive sticking to bowl. Hence previous...
  17. DW85745

Angle Stop Valves

Looking from some feedback regarding angle values and what is being used the most in residential construction. Regarding install preference: 1) Full Turn versus 1/4 turn .....(I used to prefer full and leaving value a 1/4 turn from full open in case value became calcified you ......could...
  18. DW85745

Replacing Drain Valve with Ball Valve

The last new H20 heater I installed, I tried to remove the drain valve (Rheem) and replace it will a Ball valve for better cleaning. However, I could not get the drain valve out without fear of breaking the valve (used an open end wrench that fit the drain valve slots). I have pipe wrenches up...
  19. DW85745

Internal Heat Trap

Curious if anyone has had any problems with the internal heat trap (rubber flapper) provided with Rheem H20 Heater nipples. Of particular interest is whether any experience with them (rubber flapper) breaking off and clogging the piping?
  20. DW85745

Rheem - Galvanic Nipple Reaction??

Put in a new Rheem (40 gal, electric) Fury 6YR approx. one year ago. The nipples (lined inside with some form of plastic?) came with the unit and were preinstalled. The nipples are connected to a 3/4 copper threaded female with a 3/4 sweat male with the copper pipe terminating at a union...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks