Search results

1. n2learning

old toilet flange lining?

Toilet cracked and now I have to replace it. There appeared to be an old corroded metal toilet flange without hold down bolts. Did the old toilet flanges have flexible lining? I am very confused because when I pull back this lining I am not seeing the cast iron pipe, instead I am seeing...
  2. n2learning

Will toilet trap size help with this?

Twice a week my 13 year old son clogs the toilet with football size poop! The plunger no longer works, so we have to bust out the auger. He knows he needs to chop and scoop and whatever, but that never happens....and I'm tired of the arguments and the auger. Our only toilet is Elijer 1.6...
  3. n2learning

Floor drain / cast iron to PVC?

What you are seeing in the image is a 4" cast iron p-trap w/o the floor drain pipe and lid. I am cleaning up the mess from some cowboy I mistakenly hired a year and a half ago. ...anyway, I want my floor drain back. I would prefer to use a PVC floor drain and pipe on top of the cast iron. Is it...
  4. n2learning

4" toilet flange / basement bath

In the image is a 4" toilet flange on top of a 4" 90 sweep. (new basement bathroom) I need to cement the floor to make it level. My concern is that I will need to raise the toilet flange. What type of fitting is needed to do this? I would rather not raise ALL of the drain pipe in order for the...
  5. n2learning

shower stall faucet and door requirements

Building a basement bathroom that will include a 36" x 36" stand up shower. Can the shower faucet face the door of the shower entry? I read somewhere that this is NOT allowed. I wanted to get confirmation before I proceed with my design options. The door entry will probably just be a...
  6. n2learning

Utility sink and washing machine

Can a utility sink and washer share the same 2" drain? Both fixtures are vented. The utility sink and washer are on adjacent walls, the washer hose does not drain into the utility sink. The washer hose will drain into a 2" standpipe. I was hoping I could tie into the utility drain after the...
  7. n2learning

Replace hot supply line

Gas WH currently has 1/2" hot supply line. Cold supply is 3/4". I want to replace 1/2" with 3/4". Can you add anything (or correct) the steps I need to take: 1) shut off water from main or valve going to WH 2) turn off gas going into WH 3) empty hot water by turning on lowest fixture in...
  8. n2learning

shower vent ?

I am adding a basement bath, utility sink and washer. I had a plumber out today and he said I could use the existing first floor tub/shower vent to vent my new basement fixtures. The 2" cast iron that's connected to the red fitting is the vent line. This line goes through the roof. There are...
  9. n2learning

Basement bath rough-in gone wrong?

I hired a guy with "30 years of construction experience" to help me add a basement bath. He made the plumbing seem really simple...too simple. I began doing research after we closed it up (still kicking myself for this), but something just doesn't seem right. Anyway, what I really need is your...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks