Search results

1. jafriede

Morton Water Softners any good?

My Mother has had a year long nightmare with a NOVO 485HE-100 water softener that was installed by a local plumber. From the very beginning it would regenerate as needed without regards to the time of day even though it was set not to. The worst part though is that when regenerating while...
  2. jafriede

Vibration when shower on

I just put a new cartridge in my Delta single handle shower faucet (1300 series I think). I changed it with a replacement cartridge made by "Danco" that was bought at a big box store. After the job was done I tested it and everything seemed fine. While my daughter was taking the first real...
  3. jafriede

Cadet 3 tank problems

UPDATE: I called the plumbing supply store I got them from and talked to a guy who does installs. He said to make sure the tank bolts are tightened to the point where the tank actually touches the bowl. Anyone who has installed these will know you would really have to tighten it to compress...
  4. jafriede

Cadet 3 tank problems

It's a shame their QC is not better. I have had good luck in the past. I would have bought the Toto brand but there are no distributes anywhere near me and shipping costs are pretty hefty. If I get a resolution on this I will post it so it may help someone else.
  5. jafriede

Cadet 3 tank problems

I have installed 2 Cadet 3 toilets in the past with no problems and have been very happy with their performance. Moved into a new house about a year and a half ago and decided to change the 1997 Gerbers that clog at least 3 times a week. I bought the Cadet's from a local plumbing wholesaler in...
  6. jafriede

Shroud around flush valve???

Good point:eek: I put an A.S. Cadet III in my old house and really miss it! Cadet 3 tank problems
  7. jafriede

Thanks for the info. Can it be removed and a standard flush valve be put in?
  8. jafriede

The Gerber toilets in my new 1997 house have a shroud in the tank surrounding the flush valve. It basically looks like a coffee can. When you flush, the water on the inside of the "can" goes down through the flush valve and the water outside seems to just stay there. I have never seen anything...
  9. jafriede

Intermittant floor drain clog

No I haven't. I'm trying to catch it in the act again to see if the blockage is before the main stack. Since the upstairs bathroom empties right into it I should be able to tell. My neighbors haven't had any problems either. Update: Just called the City today. They have no reported...
  10. jafriede

Intermittant floor drain clog

Please forgive the long story. Just want to get all the info out..... My basement has a toilet, two floor drains, and a drain pipe for the washer. They all converge (at one point I assume) into the main stack. One of the floor drains has a shower stall over it. In the past I have had to...
  11. jafriede

Pex Methods

I am going to be installing a water softener in a house I'm buying and will need to re-route some things. I am thinking of using Pex. I found a video on YouTube that showed 6 different methods of putting on ends. The two I'm considering are the crimp ring or the banding clamp. Which is the...
  12. jafriede

Mansfield with trap hole in front

Thanks for the info.
  13. jafriede

Mansfield with trap hole in front

I have a Mansfield toilet in my basement (on a concrete floor) that has the hole for the trap way on the front of the bowl instead of the rear like most toilets. It works fine, but I am assuming it's original to the house which was built in 1964. I have changed few toilets myself and usually...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks