Search results

1. M

Installing 6" threaded cleanout

I'm currently running a new downspout drain 135' to the sewer using 6" 3034 PVC. I have installed two tees and risers for cleanouts as the city engineering dept specified. I have threaded cleanout adapters and caps. I notice the caps get quite tight when screwed into the adapters. Is there...
  2. M

Using test plugs

I am getting ready for the inspection of the DWV system I installed for a new bathroom. Our city (North Olmsted, Ohio) requires that the system hold 5 psi for 10 minutes. The system is PVC, with one rubber connection to the existing cast iron soil pipe. I will be using 1 1/2" and 3" Cherne...
  3. M

Advice for drilling for 3-inch waste

I just went through the same thing with my remodel. You can get 3 5/8" or 3 9/16" self feed bits on ****, but even there they go for $60-$80, so I gave up waiting for a good buy. I ended up with a Blu-Mol 4" hole saw from Home Depot for $17 ( I already had the arbor). I really like the Blu-Mol...
  4. M

Need to make a access panel that looks good and is not obvious

Home Depot has them as well. I just looked up the sizes on my Home Depot stock ordering program. Plastic ones made by Oatey (Yea, my wife works for Oatey) are 6x9 and 15x15 and are in the plumbing department. Metal ones go up to 24x24 and they are near the gutters at my local store, although I...
  5. M

pre-soldered copper fittings

Our Home Depot has pretty much switched over to them, so I tried them when I replaced the old plumbing in my house a few months ago. I was *very* pleased with them. They flow with less heat than conventional solder. Put a turbo torch on it for a few seconds and a nice wet band of solder appears...
  6. M

Bathroom Remodel - Toilet Drain Lines

Here is a link to a guide for joist boring and notching. You will see that you cannot put larger a than a 3" hole in a 2 x 10 unless you strengthen it as suggested. http://www.tileyourworld.com/construction/JoistBoringGuide.pdf
  7. M

Where to buy code book?

Which code book is recommended for residential plumbing, and where can I buy a copy? Dennis
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks