Search results

1. D

Small Shower Remodel

Vent Discovered... along with other issues The drain appears to be vented about three feet out. While checking this I noted another problem. The drain itself is not sloped to the waste stack by the 1/4" per ft rate. In fact there is no slope at all. There is a duct in the way (see pics...
  2. D

Small Shower Remodel

Ontario Building Code Detail Did some checking and found that: code is 1 1/2" for 1 shower head 2" for 2-3 heads 3" for 4-6 heads But, I want to install a Kerdi drain which is 2". So I assume I will need to take the 1-1/2" off all the way to the branch?
  3. D

Small Shower Remodel

Toronto Plumbing Code Kingsotall, Toronto is covered by the Ontario Building Code, which is the province that Toronto is located in. Does that answer the question?
  4. D

Small Shower Remodel

Jim, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, it is 1-1/2". So that means I have to cut into that branch line right? Its a bit of a dog's breakfast, but I can't see any venting. Will have to explore further. I've been to johnbridge.com and have spent many hours there already which gave me...
  5. D

Small Shower Remodel

Hello everyone. I've been lurking on this site for a bit in preparation for my first remodel project. I'm starting with a small shower originally part of a nanny suite. I have gutted the old shower (what a mess what with 1/2" drywall covered by 1/2" plaster, with a concrete shower bed on top...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks