Search results

1. 01sesedan

Lower kitchen sink drain - on exterior wall, drill new hole below existing in king stud?

Awesome forum. It's always very helpful. I'm helping out a neighbor with a minor kitchen refresh. They're looking to install a farmhouse sink. The existing drain is too high. Sink is on a 2x4 exterior wall, under window. We removed the drywall to get a better look. The existing drain goes...
  2. 01sesedan

Need your input. Noble TS - drop down shower

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input. Was great help in completing the shower install. Thanks Showerdude (Red) for you input. Thanks to JW for your blog. Thanks to everyone who also provided input. It took longer than expected approx. 1 year working on it off and on. The revised...
  3. 01sesedan

Working slowly on the shower. Modifying the niche to fit full size tile. The original niche did not line up correctly. This niche will be narrower and taller. Question. I'm running out of noble 150 and would have to order more. In trying to finish this weekend. The shop in town has kerdi...
  4. 01sesedan

As for the tile on the shower wall/floor corner. Instead of a 2" x 24" strip, I thought of going this route Install the tile on the bathroom floor first, place vanity with top, and use it as a guide. This should let me know how high I can go with the 12x24 on the wall. At the drop down...
  5. 01sesedan

Makes sense. Gonna try to hunt down ss amd plated brass at the supply house. I'm going to put together the floor and wall layout. Not sure how the floor tile will look again the wall. Since the wall is horizontal. Guess I'll their should be grout line every 12 inches. Thanks for the input.
  6. 01sesedan

As for capillary break could aluminum be used? Does it have to be stainless steel?
  7. 01sesedan

The thought was to put mosaic above the vanity top all the way to the ceiling. Use it was a back splash. We have a 4" x 60" piece of granite that was cut from the same slab as the vanity top. Also have a piece for the left side. Can't take a picture of the top. That sucker if heavy. Just...
  8. 01sesedan

If the measurements don't change much, I'll have to keep the small strip at the bottom. Grout lines will push them up a little.
  9. 01sesedan

Just wanted to say thanks guys. I've learned so much from JW and Red post, replies and blog's. Thanks to you guys for taking the time to educate us. JW, I think you may be one of the few that goes beyond code. I've spent lots of time on your blog and gallery. They were very helpful...
  10. 01sesedan

Was thinking of putting mosaic in the niche. Might go as far as modifying the niche so grout line match it.. I knew by starting the first row in the shower it would lower the rest of the bathroom. Not going to rush it. Too so much time to get waterproofing done. Now will spend time figuring...
  11. 01sesedan

The mosaic also comes in 12x24. I'm just debating weather to fill the vanity wall to the top, full mosaic or an accent band around the bathroom. If I go full mosaic, I'm going to order more. Original ideal was band. Bosses mind changed.
  12. 01sesedan

Florida Tile Time 2.0 f
  13. 01sesedan

Did a quick drawing. Not to scale but give a pretty good idea. I hope it looks close to this. I would like to have 3 full tiles on the wall. That means I'll have a 2" gap by the floor in the shower. I don't know how a 2" strip off the floor will look. I'm trying to figure out a solution...
  14. 01sesedan

That may look like pools of water but its not. The floor was covered with layers of moving blankets. That water is from the top layer of TS that was installed on the back wall. . After it was install, I went over it with a sponge it wipe it. Don't have a good pictures. This will give an idea.
  15. 01sesedan

Going to seal all seams tonight. What could be used as capillary break? Does it have to be edging profile? Will the capillary break determine the floor tile layout. Option A Option B Spacers came in.
  16. 01sesedan

Checked out the blade. Its a ridgid AC2010. Might try some test cuts, see how it does.
  17. 01sesedan

Still waiting for 150 to arrive. Installed wallseal on both 3' walls. Might install the back wall then go over all seams later. Question about tile blade. Did some searching and some recommend T3 Razor. What do you guys like? I picked up a used Dewald D24000 a few months ago. It came with...
  18. 01sesedan

I'm taking this approach. Got 3 walls done but ran out of noblesealant 150. On the 5' wall, I made it overlap the 3' wall 2.25". Don't have to put a band in the corner. Hope the helps keep the build up down a little Ordered it from the same site I got the rest of the noble stuff. Now...
  19. 01sesedan

Thanks for the props.... I'm dry fitting Wall Seal, look like its going to be tough wrapping the 3 walls in one shot. I'll have to put thin set on all 3 wall/6 feet high first, then press in wall seal. Then overlap with another row of wall seal above that. Or do the one wall top to bottom...
  20. 01sesedan

Was able to dig up some pictures. Didn't take any with board and screws finally screwed down. Since durock is 36" wide, it lays on 2x4 stack, were the green board and durock meet. A lot more durock screws were used before covering them with thin set. I used alkali mesh tape and thinset...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks