Search results

1. Eric28805

Kitchen sink drain question

We had a leak because of a really bad connection to the garbage disposal. Realizing how old the disposal was, I decided to get a new one. The old one had some kind of flex pipe to connect to the Tee that was a little bit lower (it is a double sink). I decided to try to keep everything level...
  2. Eric28805

Question about builder problems

We hired a builder to remodel the master bathroom. We had him shrink the size of a closet, to make room for a soaking tub. The foot of the tub is where a sink was, so plumbing was already there. We then replaced the other sink with a new vanity (very little plumbing) and took out an old...
  3. Eric28805

tile height around a freestanding tub

We are turning a 70's fiberglass shower/tub into a tiled shower. To replace the tub, we bought a freestanding tub ( http://www.anzzi.com/product/anzzi-maple-series-5-58-ft-freestanding-bathtub-in-white/ ) to put in an alcove in the bathroom. It's about 24" at the low point, holds 18" of water...
  4. Eric28805

Moen 2570 vs 2590?

My wife and I are putting in a new shower and I think we want a Moen posi temp valve (especially after reading some things here). My question is which valve is best? I like how the stops on both. It looks like the 2590 is threaded. Is that better? Is there any other difference? Thank you
  5. Eric28805

new dishwasher not draining?

I just got a new Bosch dishwasher (SHE68R55UC) and had it installed by plumbers. We've done two loads and both times there was water standing afterwards. Where should I look for the problem?
  6. Eric28805

WH heat trap interfering with Hot Water Lobster?

I put in a Hot Water Lobster recirculating system and it doesn't seem to be working. After doing some research, it looks like my WH (5-year old Whirlpool Gold, 50-gallon) has heat traps that could be interfering. Is there an easy way around this? If not, is there a hard way around it?
  7. Eric28805

add 2nd water heater?

I have a two-story house with a good, new water heater in the basement. On the first floor, we get hot water very quickly. Everything is great. On the second floor, it sometimes seems like it takes forever to get hot water. Once we get it, it's nice and hot (and stays hot). I'm assuming...
  8. Eric28805

Whole house water filters?

Does anyone here have experience with them? I have a community well system with treated water, but there is a slight rust taste. I'm hoping that one of these would fix that. Locally, I can get systems made by Ace Hardware, Culligan and Whirlpool. The prices range from about $35 to about $60...
  9. Eric28805

Full tub leaks downstairs

My wife and I just moved into a 1974 house. She has used the tub upstairs for baths (and I've taken showers) a few times with no problems, but she filled it really high this time to get a good soak. I was downstairs and thought I heard water -- and sure enough if was dripping down into the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks