Search results

1. Eric28805

Kitchen sink drain question

Are there any tricks to getting it onto the disposal? That thing does not want to go on there.
  2. Eric28805

I got a direct connection piece to connect to the sink on the right. I think I have it all done now except for the dishwasher hose. I think it fit over the connection on the old insinkerator, but it seems like it's the same diameter as the connection on the new Frigidaire disposal. It's a...
  3. Eric28805

I don't actually have it connected to the sink on the right yet, but could the tee in the first photo from your link attach directly to the sink drain (sorry if I'm not calling that the right name)? I think my main problem is that the sink on the left is more shallow, so the drain of the...
  4. Eric28805

We had a leak because of a really bad connection to the garbage disposal. Realizing how old the disposal was, I decided to get a new one. The old one had some kind of flex pipe to connect to the Tee that was a little bit lower (it is a double sink). I decided to try to keep everything level...
  5. Eric28805

Question about builder problems

Now, some discoveries in the shower. We were excited that it wasn't a leaking train wreck like the tub, but realized that the drain is sitting too high, but working. I think the water is going under the grate and into the drain assembly. How bad is this? I already have tilers looking at...
  6. Eric28805

Is there any way it would ever make sense for this to be part of the drain for an upstairs soaking tub?
  7. Eric28805

Thank you again for all of the input. It helped greatly. I really appreciate this place.
  8. Eric28805

all done, with no leaks
  9. Eric28805

first plumber to look at it said it would be an all day job and couldn't come back until May 15 second plumber found what I'd thought he'd find and it's going to take a couple hours (mostly because of having to cut the tile because the hole is in the wrong place)
  10. Eric28805

The leak is from the very top, around the edges. The plumber thinks he used a floor drain and it just can't handle the water when the tub is emptied. The water that makes it into the pipes drains, but the spillover doesn't. To finish emptying the tub, buckets of water got poured into the...
  11. Eric28805

correct, no permit I've learned a lot in the last 5-6 weeks
  12. Eric28805

I'm a little bit worried about the shower now (and can't really test it until the glass gets here). It did seem simpler than the tub though, and he used all Schluter products)
  13. Eric28805

He's agreed to pay for any plumbing done from below (and had previously agreed to bring in a plumber if there were leaks). Not sure why he distinguished between from below and from above.
  14. Eric28805

I might try that when the plumbers get here. I'm glad it's a wooden bead board ceiling so it was pretty easy to take part of it down (and it will dry out)
  15. Eric28805

Thank you for all of the input. I wish that I would luck into one of you being in the Asheville, NC area
  16. Eric28805

It was a clear plastic tube that could attach to the tub drain. They said they'd never seen one before. I think they threw it away. The overflow is in the front and sends the water to the drain. None of the material really shows (but I attached what else I have)
  17. Eric28805

I opened up the ceiling to get a look at the plumbing. He was really, really confused by the tub and initially tried to use a test drain tube that came with the tub.
  18. Eric28805

We hired a builder to remodel the master bathroom. We had him shrink the size of a closet, to make room for a soaking tub. The foot of the tub is where a sink was, so plumbing was already there. We then replaced the other sink with a new vanity (very little plumbing) and took out an old...
  19. Eric28805

tile height around a freestanding tub

We are turning a 70's fiberglass shower/tub into a tiled shower. To replace the tub, we bought a freestanding tub ( http://www.anzzi.com/product/anzzi-maple-series-5-58-ft-freestanding-bathtub-in-white/ ) to put in an alcove in the bathroom. It's about 24" at the low point, holds 18" of water...
  20. Eric28805

Moen 2570 vs 2590?

Thank you
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks