Search results

1. Steve2278

Well pump electrical short?

Hi guys. I have a quick question and I'll try to make it brief. I've been having a problem with my Meyer jet pump for about 8 months now. I had many people look at it and many parts have been replaced but no one has been able to fix it. I've finally isolated the problem to a short of some...
  2. Steve2278

Plumbing for slab on grade

Hello everyone, I'm building a new home and it's a slab on grade and all PEX water lines and sewer lines have been run underneath the slab. I also installed radiant heat PEX piping under the slab as well. I work as an industrial concrete flooring contractor and I did my plumbing design...
  3. Steve2278

Inverter for future solar power

Hello everyone, I'm building a new home and my electrician is coming in next week to wire my entire house, install the breaker box, the disconnect etc. I plan to purchase several solar panels a few years from now with hope of eventually going off the grid, but it seems more cost effective for...
  4. Steve2278

Best shallow well pump?

I got A LOT of helpful advice from everyone on this form and I'd like to get an opinion on a well pump. Lately my water has been "surging" and when it does the lights in the home often dim. I spoke to my plumber about it and off the top of his head he said it sounded like the motor on the...
  5. Steve2278

Air Conditioning & Ventilation Question

Hey guys, I have a question I'm hoping someone could answer. I'm building a new home and I'm breaking ground in 3 weeks. The house is going to be a 4" slab on grade on top of 3" of foam board with radiant heat; the walls are going to be insulated concrete forms and I'm going to have 4" of...
  6. Steve2278

Question: Geothermal Vertical Closed Loop

I'm building a new home on my existing property and I've been researching a number of different heating/cooling options and I find geothermal to be particularly appealing. Unfortunately the installation cost appears to be quite high when factoring-in the cost of the pump, piping and excavation...
  7. Steve2278

Copper or PVC?

I'm designing a large addition to my home and I see more and more homes going with PVC over copper piping. I don't know if its a cost issue, or if the industry is really moving in that direction? Is PVC as durable to pressure variations and would you recommend it to be used through out an entire...
  8. Steve2278

System recommendation?

Hi everyone. I'm going to be putting a 1,600 sq. ft. 1st floor addition to my (very small) existing ranch home and I was wondering if anyone could recommend one heating/cooling system over another? My current home is fed by electric forced hot air and the system is antiquated and expensive...
  9. Steve2278

Increasing pressure?

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and I've been looking for some professional feedback and I think I came to the right place. I just bought a house that is fed by a well. The well is 60' deep and the pump is a Myers 1/2 hp, and the pump tank is tiny (about the size of a 5 gallon bucket)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks