Search results

1. Brianosaur

Moen Monticello, How to remove handle with no set screw?

Okay thanks. I will give that a shot again. I put a pair of channel locks on it, with a rag between, and it was turning the entire handle. Wasn't sure if that was correct and was afraid something was going to break. To be clear, I don't need to remove the entire handle from the sink, just...
  2. Brianosaur

Moen Monticello, How to remove handle with no set screw?

I have a 2 handle widespread lav faucet that appears to have no set screw anywhere. (No top button cap to pry off either) Need to change the cartridge and am uncertain how to get this thing off. I *believe* its a Delta
  3. Brianosaur

Need info on a Point of Use Electric tankless.

Remolded my bathroom last year. Turns out, as feared, the new shower head and shower valve uses too many GPM to keep up with my tankless oil fired boiler. Two or three minutes into a shower I lose the hot, or pretty much the "nice and hot". Pre-remodel I would just keep the pressure low and...
  4. Brianosaur

Buried/Recessed Electrical Box w/ Access Panel

I've read that it is code that an electrical box can be recessed behind drywall as long as it is accessible via a panel/hatch. Am I right to assume that is only for a plate covered junction box? I am wondering if a outlet box with a 120v 15a receptacle can be located behind a access panel...
  5. Brianosaur

How bad did I mess up?

So, is this configuration okay? Pretty much its the same layout as what was here for 50 years (without really any problems), except I lengthened the shower drain, increased size to 2" & added a vent, and then stacked two sanitees for WC & Shower rather then them sharing a 3x3x3x1.5
  6. Brianosaur

How bad did I mess up?

Is solid weld wrong? It will be buried in a soffit and I didnt want it to have any leak issues. Since I need to cement the tailpiece fittings anyway would a union make any difference? The only vent the house was built with is the single 3" waste/vent stack. All fixtures in home drain & vent...
  7. Brianosaur

Joist in way. Solution ?

How deep is that notch?!
  8. Brianosaur

How bad did I mess up?

Doing a bathroom reno in my 50+ year old home and just dry fit the new waste lines. I had copper where the Sch40 is. The builder was a real piece of work. I had trap arms sloped down and then back upwards before they went to the waste stack. There were massive holes drilled in studs and...
  9. Brianosaur

Shower P-trap less than a foot away from from Tail Piece?

So, if the max length of a 2" pipe trap arm is 5 ft (at .25"/ft slope) to the sani at the vertical drain, can one use the 1002.1 code to add another 30" onto the total fixture arm length? Would I correct in saying the extra 30" is above the trap, so it shouldn't cause a siphon?
  10. Brianosaur

Okay thanks. Been searching and I *may* have found my own answer but plz confirm. IPC 2015 Section 1002 Trap Requirements 1002.1 Fixture Traps Each plumbing fixture shall be separately trapped by a liquid-seal trap, except as otherwise permitted by this code. The vertical distance from the...
  11. Brianosaur

Can I have a P-trap that isn't directly vertical under a tailpiece for a 2" shower drain? It would need to be about 8"-12" inches away. I know with dual sinks, one tailpiece can elbow to a horizontal before going to second sink's tailpiece prior to them both dropping into the P-trap, or they...
  12. Brianosaur

Periodic Oil Burner Trip but Fires Up Fine

The Beckett Burner on my Peerless Boiler was/is intermittently tripping. It began a few months ago and tripped about every 10 - 14 days. When I would reset the primary control it would fire right back up. No puff, no smoke, no dripping. It will run until the it heats up enough hot water and then...
  13. Brianosaur

Air combustion vent, ducts and in-line fan size?

I need to add a low mount air combustion vent and a high mount air exchange vent, both to the outside, in my enclosed oil fired boiler utility closet. The spec stickers on the Peerless boiler state the max at 129k btu's. If I need 1"sq/2000btu's for horizontal duct that would be a 65sq in...
  14. Brianosaur

Oil Burner Smoking

Just replaced my 275 oil tank last weekend. The old one was leaking and I knew I would replace it this spring when the fuel ran low. Unfortunately I ran out of oil friday and so I replaced the tank. I blew out the feed line with a compressor to make sure no sludge was in it. I figured it was...
  15. Brianosaur

Oil Tank Replacement Questions

Weird thing is when it leaked from the bottom hole, it leaked oil and not water. When you say "tank opening" do you mean the line out to the burner? And if so would the water be drawn in to the feed line instead of fuel oil? Really? It looks like a fill pipe, vent pipe and copper feed...
  16. Brianosaur

Oil Tank Replacement Questions

My existing 275gal oil tank has to be replaced. Ive been in my 1974 house 9 years and this failing one is the second tank. There is an abandoned one underground in my backyard from previous owners. About two years ago it started a slow drip and I put a magnetic patch on it to stop it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks