Search results

1. MN-E

Stock up on guns and ammo before it's too late.

I'm a "troll" now? Huh... for referencing the 2nd amendment in a gun control discussion? Wow. Okay, apparently I screwed something up here; I've used the site a few times asking for plumbing advice, then stumbled upon some of the more "random" topics here & thought I'd jump in on the...
  2. MN-E

I agree. And I do not really think that. The point I'm trying to make is that you can't have it both ways. You can't use the 2nd amendment to say that any gun laws are unconstitutional, and then turn around and say that restrictions to other types of arms just fine & dandy. (And, again...
  3. MN-E

The 2nd Amendment refers to "arms" not "firearms". Both words existed in the English language at the time, so their choice of words is telling. (my point is that semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons did not exist back then)
  4. MN-E

So the 2nd amendment only applies to weapons which were in existence at the time that the Constitution was drafted? ...think that one over before you answer.
  5. MN-E

"Sheep"?? Come on, Red... I've tried to be respectful here. Certainly we can have a discussion without resorting to namecalling. The post you referenced for me (which is a chain e-mail) states "You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing". This is not...
  6. MN-E

Thanks for the info, but the bill doesn't have any language regarding increased taxation of ammo, nor does it ban any guns. And... you're going to hate me for this, but this doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. Comparing it to the registration I need for my truck, and the fact that I have...
  7. MN-E

If I sounded disrespectful or insulting in anyway, then I apologize to you. I was only trying to clarify what your position is, and I'm sorry if I offended you in some way. And I'm not looking to get into a petty fight with anybody here; hopefully just having a discussion among adults...
  8. MN-E

Well, not to muddy this up any further, but what I was referring to in the statement you quoted was the idea that the 2nd amendment grants the right to nuclear weapons and such to the Military, but only grants the right to firearms to individual Citizens. If we approach the question with a...
  9. MN-E

I just want to make sure I understand where you're coming from. Regarding my earlier comments about private citizens having the Constitutional right to own and bear chemical, nuclear and bio-weapons... do you agree with this or not? And, are you saying that our current federal government is...
  10. MN-E

Technically speaking, the 2nd amendment doesn't specify firearms... only "arms". Obviously, there's the whole argument as to whether "we the people" means the citizens individually, or collectively as a nation. But, if we interpret the 2nd amendment as granting individuals the right to own...
  11. MN-E

"So, as citizens, should we have the right to bear nuclear arms? Chemical weapons? Bio-engineered?" No. Simply because we have a constitutional right to bear arms... Right? We may use the aforementioned weapons for our personal safety, to protect ourselves from an oppressive government...
  12. MN-E

Try Googling the name "Richard Poplawski"
  13. MN-E

Well, here's a query... I've been told that the 2nd amendment exists, in part, to empower citizens to fight against the government if tyranny rears its ugly head someday. And, we realize that "right to bear arms" isn't written to be limited to firearms. So, as citizens, should we have the...
  14. MN-E

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Obviously, the whole "gun control" debate is a huge can of worms. I realize there are passionate people on both sides of the issue. Lately, though, it seems like there's this irrational "end of the world" hyperbole going around... and I'm not even...
  15. MN-E

"before it's too late"??? Um... why? What's going to happen? How will we know when "it's too late"?
  16. MN-E

PEX certification?

Thanks very much! (Sorry. If I learn to shut up and do my own research, I won't have to bother you all in the future...)
  17. MN-E

PEX certification?

Jon, thanks for the input! I'm hoisting a Grain Belt Premium in your honor right now! Yeah, I'm in Minneapolis too... I'll have to check Maynard's & see what I can find. To anyone who might know, the comment above brings up the question that's currently boggling my mind... how much (if at...
  18. MN-E

PEX certification?

I can respect the sentiment & the logic, but they're sure not making it easy for me to follow the rules... Another question for the Professionals here, out of curiosity: If you guys need to do non-plumbing work on your own homes, do you hire professionals (i.e., carpenters or electricians)...
  19. MN-E

PEX certification?

The more I'm learning here, there's one change I'd lobby for: seems that there ought to be a standard across the boards for all PEX manufacturers in how their products are installed. If you're working with PVC or copper, you just have to know the principles of how to do the job... the current...
  20. MN-E

PEX certification?

Heh... there's the grind I'm running into right now. I started working on the project before I found out about this "certification" requirement (dumb, rookie mistake on my part). Basically, I've got the majority of my PEX rough-in done at this point, but I just found out that I need this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks