Search results

1. N

Pressure Problem?

I don't follow why the hot water should turn on when the toilet flushes. Are you connecting your toilets to the hot water line? I wouldn't think flow on the cold water line would activate the tankless.
  2. N

Tankless the only option? - MultiHead Shower

I would doubt I have a tempering valve, as I don't know what that is. I can control my tankless temps via remote, so I could only turn it up before showering. I will have a thermostatic valve at my shower, which I believe will keep me from getting boiled.
  3. N

Well, I have the units installed. 2 x R94LSi units in parallel with a 12-Gallon electric tank and Grundfos Recirc pump (retrofit style) hooked up. It's working ok so far. We'll so how it does one I get the shower in. I had just one unit hooked up for a day, and turned on 5 faucets and a...
  4. N

Tankless heater and Kohler K-682-K DTV system

I'm in Central Texas, so the temperatures are rarely that cold.
  5. N

Are there thermostatic valves that work better with tankless systems? For a 12GPM system, it is very clear on Kohler's site which valves can handle the water volume. I did a quick look at Moen's, Delta's, and Grohe's sites and find it very hard to find technical details of the valves...
  6. N

The alternative is to use the Kohler K-669-KS Thermostatic valve I guess with a bunch of volume controls. We're doing kohler faucets and trims elsewhere in the bathroom. I don't think doing 2 different brands and trim is going to fly with the Mrs. She loves the water tiles. Are Kohler...
  7. N

Perhaps this should be in the shower forum, but it's tankless related question. Now that I"m installing a tankless system, I see there is a "Supply Pressure Differential" spec of 5psi in the K-682-K manual (the 6-port thermostatic valve that works with the DTV system). Does this spec mean that...
  8. N

Plumbing Kohler water tile body sprays

Have you done this install already? How well did it work?
  9. N

So I went and got quotes on hybrid systems as well. The cost I have for 2 x R94Lsi Rinnai's + Recirc system (includes 12 Gallon electric tank) 30% cheaper than a Single GU32 system with recirc installed. Given the cost, I think I'm going to end up doing the Rinnai's. I'll figure I'll have to...
  10. N

Hi Sam, I want to power one over-the-top shower with hot water long enough for my wife and I to take showers one after the other. That shower has: 4 x 2.5GPM body sprays (Kohler water tiles) 1 x 2.5GPM Shower Head 1 x 2.5GPM Hand shower. Only one of the two hand shower or shower head...
  11. N

I'm now seriously looking at the heaters from http://www.bostonheatingsupply.com/eternalparts.aspx/ Thanks to the suggestion from this forum. I'm having a plumber come in to give a quote tomorrow. Unfortunately, it still looks like I might have to have 2 systems to handle a 60F rise for 10-12GPM. From...
  12. N

Would you expect that I would still have hot water pressure issues with 2 9.4GPM units? Practically, I don't think I would ever use more than 10, maybe 12.5. There's no data for how 2 units in tandem work together. It's a also a bit unclear how the recirculating system will play into...
  13. N

One of these units (GU32) can do 6GPM at 75F. Measuring my water this morning, it was around 60F. To get to 120F, (60F rise), it could 7GPM. So I'm still likley going to have to look at 2 units. Has anyone here had experience or problems with a recirculating system on a tankless? The...
  14. N

Hi, I'm about to install 2 Rinnai R94LSi tankless water heaters (with a re-circulating system) to handle a new bathroom remodel I'm working on. The new shower will have 4 Kohler water tiles (2.5GPM), a hand shower (2.5GPM) and an overhead shower (4GPM). The heaters will be used for the rest...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks