Search results

1. J

New shower - Wonderboard installation

Should I put the concrete pan in before I do the wallboard or after?
  2. J

Thanks Jimbo This forum is amazing! Jim W
  3. J

I just completed the PVC liner installation (no leaks) and am ready to start installing the concrete board (Wonderboard) on the walls - then pour the sloped concrete pan. I have built a recessed seat into the wall and covered this with the PVC sheeting as well. I was planning on not putting any...
  4. J

What does the PVC fitting look like that connects to bathroom laves

I am no pro but from what I've read, the fitting you show in the picture is not the same fitting as the ones in the pics above your post. Notice the long sweep in the "above" fittings, and the short sweeps of your fitting. Just like the poster I quoted said, the "snake will run straight...
  5. J

Sewage pump could cause big mess

I am installing 3/4 hp sewage pump in a downstairs addition because the downstairs bath is lower than the city main. It is installed to code complete with 2" vertical check and all. I was getting ready to make the final hook-up to my main when it occured to me that if I ever had a plug...
  6. J

Venting a wall mount toilet

Thanks HJ, The toilet is higher than standard. The white line is obviously the incoming stream for the flush, the black elbow is the discharge. The elbow quite long and I can cut it shorter, glue in the 45 wye and then vent up from there. Is this correct?
  7. J

Here is a picture of the situation. The 3" vent (drawn) to the right will continue thru the roof. This will be the vent from the downstairs bath. The wall mounted toilet needs to drain down thru the 2X8 sill, turn, left under the floor, then right, then out through the rim-joist to tie into the...
  8. J

I need to vent a Vitra wall-mount toilet. It is a concealed tank model which uses a 3" 90Ell that came with the toilet (includes intregal seal ring) This 90 can be rotated left, right or straight down. I am mounting the toilet in an 8" wall to make sure its good and strong snd that I have plenty...
  9. J

DWV fittings - where what

HJ, Geeze, I just read my reply and figured you didn't deserve my soapbox oriate - I apologize. I'm really not looking for every possible application for every fitting (although it would be handy). My situation is really straightforward. From what I've discovered, a wye and a 45L is probably...
  10. J

where I can safely apply a wye and a short sweep 90 Ok - so this forum is not for serious DIYe'rs - just weekend warriors. I built my own backhoe from an old Italian tractor, removed 230 yards of hard clay with it, added 1000 sq ft to the back of my home, built a 750 sq ft shop - all while...
  11. J

Thanks Jimbo - thats what I'm trying to avoid - getting torn up by the inspector. I also want to do this right and I'm a die-hard dIY'er. Not to say that I won't give in on the DWV part of this addition. Isn't there a source that provides some explination of how to use each fitting? I'm pretty...
  12. J

I'm doing a two bath hookup on a new 2 story addition. I've looked around the vast web and can find nothing explaining what fitting is "legal" to use for drains and vents. I live in Lemon Grove, CA (south CA). There's long sweep Ls and short sweep Ls and I'm not sure if the short sweep Ls and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks