Search results

1. pjsammy

Sump pump outside drain question w/ pictures

All, As you can see in the pics, the little elbow coming out of the house is a little cracked and I'm missing 10-12" of pipe needed to get to the opening of the buried drain pipe. Best way to solve this issue? To make matters worse, the pipes aren't 100% lined up. I did have one...
  2. pjsammy

Leaking tank bolts

I will hit a local plumbing supply store (rather than lowes) for another set of bolts -- hopefully they come w/ better rubber washers. That being said, is the order of my assembly correct? Should I stick another rubber washer in the mix somewhere or remove the metal washer from inside the...
  3. pjsammy

Leaking tank bolts

The 4-6 yr old American Standard toilet the previous owners put on was leaking at the bottom. I pulled the toilet to replace the wax seal and that seems to have solved it. However, since I had to pull the tank separately, I decided to replace the tank-to-bowl bolts and tank-to-bowl gasket...
  4. pjsammy

Garage floor drain

Good info - thanks. We have not had a plumber come out w/ a camera snake. How would I know if we have a rock pit? The only thing I can confirm is that there's one "daylight" for the downspouts on the opposite side of our house (it goes into the ditch in our front yard). I was able to...
  5. pjsammy

Garage floor drain

update: So a plumber was out here w/ a snake this morning. We determined the garage floor drain ties in with the two downspouts near the garage. And it appears they meet at a "t" rather than a "y". Near that "t" is where the blockage is. I think we know where abouts that its and I'm...
  6. pjsammy

Garage floor drain

blast! that's what I was afraid of. I'll take a picture this weekend. There's a PVC outlet pipe near the top of the drain. The rest of it just looks like a deep "well". I have no idea how it's supposed to work (built in 1985). I did check all throughout the basement and didn't see any...
  7. pjsammy

Garage floor drain

Thanks for the feedback. I don't believe any of my neighbors have a garage drain, but I'll ask around. A few of them have lived there long enough to possibly know whether or not this was ever an issue for the 1st or 2nd owners. A regular plumber wouldn't be right for this I'm guessing...
  8. pjsammy

Garage floor drain

Hi all, Like many, we got a lot of rain yesterday. We were out running an errand when a 10 minute downpour happened. When we arrived back home our garage floor drain had sort of backed up (maybe 1-2" of water in a 12' diameter area around the drain). After the rain stopped all the water...
  9. pjsammy

Sillcock replacement (with pic)

Very valid point. I couldn't find another case online where this was the issue. When I talked to B&K customer service (they have a lifetime warranty I was told), the service rep was convinced it was a plumbing problem b/c when their faucets go bad they leak rather than "freeze" up. I tried...
  10. pjsammy

Thanks! I didn't even realize those valves had drains on them until you mentioned it. I'll try it (slowly and carefully) tonight and see what happens. I really hope nothing comes out so I don't have to replace the stop valve! preemptive follow-up question: What happens if you open that...
  11. pjsammy

how would I do that? I'm basically a newbie when it comes to plumbing stuff. I haven't done much other than replacing a few bath/kitchen sink faucets and a toilet. thank you!
  12. pjsammy

I was thinking that could be the case as well. When I turn the valve I can't determine if it's allowing water through or not. So that's absolutely something I need to check when the sillcock is removed. I really hope that's not the case b/c at that point I'll need to make a phone call I...
  13. pjsammy

thanks! The teflon tape is what made me think I could unscrew it as well. Appreciate the confirmation from somebody who knows better than I :)
  14. pjsammy

Hi all, The frost free sillcock (B&K Quartermaster) in the back of our house is not working. When I turn it on, there's no water. I've tried to mess with it a little (started another thread on the subject w/o any replies), so I'm going to just replace the whole darn thing and see what...
  15. pjsammy

B&K Frost free faucet question

Update OK, so I used the drawing from the Mansfield thread and opened up the sillcock. Nothing looked damaged/warped/etc, but I'm not expert. Any idea for a next step? Still no water when I turn it on. I checked the shutoff valve out and it seems to be in good order. I traced that...
  16. pjsammy

B&K Frost free faucet question

Hi all, We moved into our house in Dec 08 and I just recently tried to use the hose in the backyard. I turned the faucet on - nothing. I went in the basement to make sure the supply valve was on - it was. I'm pretty sure it's a 105*** Quartermaster series faucet (though I'm not 100%...
  17. pjsammy

Delta 600 leak question

thanks. I may try a combination of a few of these. i'll do some searching to make sure the PB blaster is safe in a fiberglass tub. I give my son his bath in there every night so I might just stick with multiple vinegar applications. to avoid excessive chemicals and what not.
  18. pjsammy

Delta 600 leak question

the bonnett nut is the same as the cartridge retainer nut, right? any thoughts on vinegar vs WD40? I've used some PB Blaster (?) on car parts before with good results. Is that safe in this situation? Or should I stick w/ vinegar or WD40?
  19. pjsammy

Delta 600 leak question

Thank you both. This is a wonderful (and wonderfully helpful) forum and I really appreciate the assistance.
  20. pjsammy

Delta 600 leak question

Thanks for the tip. I certainly considered replacing the whole valve, but I think that's a little over my head at this point. And rather than pay a pro whole bunch, I'll probably just wait until we replace the whole tub/shower unit within the next 2-4 years. Also, the cartridge retainer nut...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks