Search results

1. plumbing newbee

Water Heater Temperature Question

Thanks for the reply. It's an Apollo water heater; 11.5 years old. Any idea is changing the thermostat is a DIY project? I'm pretty handy.... Thanks.
  2. plumbing newbee

Water Heater Temperature Question

We have a 75 gallon water heater (10 years old) and some mornings the hot water is 120 F and some mornings its 102F.... Is there a way to decrease the range of temperature swings? We would like it always to be about 120F in the morning- Thanks for the help-
  3. plumbing newbee

?Need to Replace Thermostat on Water Heater

The problem has been that on SOME mornings the water is hot...but on other mornings it was only tepid. This is not due to other use of hot water...shower is the first thing we use in AM. Also not due to changes in outside temperature--Now, in the last week or two....we had tepid water every...
  4. plumbing newbee

Thanks for the responses. I'm trying to check if the dip tube is intact or broken...I have an Apollo 75 gallon gas water heater; 10 years old. I turned off, and disconnected the cold water supply...and there now appears to be a fitting, with a metal "keeper" leading into the tank. Do I remove...
  5. plumbing newbee

Hello, I have a 10 year old gas water heater. Lately the "hot water" has been only warm, and when I adjust the thermostat on the water heater to "Hotter" the heater does NOT come on until I turn it all the water to the end (where it now reads "Very Hot". ) This is new--in the past when I...
  6. plumbing newbee

Toilet Leaking; Floor Ruined; Don't See Water: Help!

Toilet is 50 years old; never had a problem. Over the past year have noticed discoloration around linoleum where toilet sits on the floor; and now the floor is "soft" around that area, indicating a water leak. I have two questions: First, what is the most likely source of the leak; the floor...
  7. plumbing newbee

Kohler San Rafael Flapper

Hello, We have a low profile, Kohler toilet (San Raphael Model) and the flapper is failing to keep the basin full. Similar looking flappers at the local hardware store do not fit well enough to work. I have two questions; First, where can I order a replacement flapper? The websites I've...
  8. plumbing newbee

Grohe Bathroom Faucet Problem

Need advice on taking apart Grohe Faucet I'd like to try to disasemble my Grohe Talon bathroom faucet to clear what's redcuing the flow so severely...does this come apart from above the sink? Can anyone tell me the order in which the parts disasemble so that I can get to the cartridge that may...
  9. plumbing newbee

I did check for kinks in the hoses, and found none. I had a peek at the exploded diagrams and now have a basic question: does the water flow all the way up to the cartridge in the faucet? I'm having a little trouble figuring out hte path of the water, to look for places where sludge good being...
  10. plumbing newbee

Thanks-- I don't have the model number, but they are Talia faucets. I went to the Grohe website but could not find a way to any exploded views.... And yes, I did check disconnect at the cold water shut off valve and we have good flow there...
  11. plumbing newbee

Hello, We have Grohe 8-inch spread handsets in our bathroom lavs. I have very low flow when I have only the cold water on; but very good hot water flow (both of course flow from the same spout). I suspect there is a something blocking the cold water flow in the handset or spout, because I...
  12. plumbing newbee

Grohe Faucet Question

Follow-up: I disconnected the cold water supply and the small hose connecting to the cold water faucet--no clogs or kinks. Does anyone know if it makes sense to take the faucet apart from above? Is it likely that a clog will be found there? I have outstanding water pressure coming in from...
  13. plumbing newbee

Grohe Faucet Question

No kinks in the lines....cold water flow is really low, despite great flow/pressure everywhere else. To be specific, this is a Grohe Talia lavatory wideset (20-892). What I would like to understand is the actual path of the water, and are there any filters? I will disconnect the cold water...
  14. plumbing newbee

Grohe Faucet Question

No, just this one faucet. Grohe shows an exploded view of the faucet on their website, but its hard to see if there are any filters that might be clogged...Cold and hot have separate handles, but feed into one common spout..I'm just now sure where to start looking for a clog...and of course...
  15. plumbing newbee

Grohe Faucet Question

Hello, We have Grohe wideset faucets in our bathroom. The water pressure on the hot side is great, but on the cold side its very low....I imagine there is a "clog" somewhere on the cold side, and wonder if anyone out there has had a similiar problem and could give advice on where to look...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks