Search results

1. deanalt

Kohler Rialto K-3402 toilet fill valve repair

Rialto 3402 redux Sorry for not checking back sooner, hj - sorry. Life continues on much the same way: Every few months, the toilet starts hissing and I can see the water in the bowl has tiny waves. I put a little vaseline on the flapper and it is quiet as a mouse for another few months...
  2. deanalt

I asked Terry this over the phone (the site would not let me log in), but I'd like others opinions, too: From time to time, if I put a little vaseline on the flapper, I hear no hissing or dripping at all for a couple of months but, then later, it starts again, and I have to apply more...
  3. deanalt

Thanks Jadnashua and Terry! As i posted 1.5 yrs ago in this thread (as deanalt, not deana), my plumber did use that very 1-B1-x valve but, during installation, even with the new flapper, which is roundish not flat where it seals by the way, he could never get the toilet to shutoff. Eventually...
  4. deanalt

Still problems Over the last 1.5 years, occasionally I would hear this toilet hissing again. I would try more vaseline and that would usually help for a couple of months (I was advised that vaseline is not a good longer term solution). Now it has come back again and apparently I put too much...
  5. deanalt

Well, I am pleasantly surprised to report that, after about 10 flushes with the slight coat of vaseline on the 2-week old flapper, and after raising the water level from the too low level Kohler had been advising me to use (becasue I could see water leaking out mid hose at a junction), the...
  6. deanalt

Fun never stops With some further research, I find that my ProFlo after market fill valve is a private label for Ferguson Plumbing, coordinated by a firm called Lincoln Products. They tell me the 1 B1-X, despite the label Ferguson insists upon, is actually misssing a secondary float that is on...
  7. deanalt

Problems with fill valve Sorry to piggyback on this thread but it looks like a similar post and I need the photo of the fill valve in there. Kindly help. I am almost at wit's end! It's now been almost 2 weeks (a blown angle stop, soaking bathroom carpet and padding, 3 plumbers visits...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks