Search results

1. tkeoki

Finally found driller's report for my well--question about casing

I've attached the driller's report. My question is about the casing--why would there be the 2" slotted pipe from 555' - 565', if the 4-1/2" casing goes all the way to 605'? Also, with the available information, is there a way to tell what the original static water level was? Thanks Edit...
  2. tkeoki

Adjusting AVC in pneumatic tank

1) I understand the general principle of how the AVC works on a tank in combination with the check valve, snifter valve and bleeder valve; but how exactly does the AVC work when you vary the cut-in, cut-out pressure? I've seen some AVC's online that are not adjustable, and some that say they...
  3. tkeoki

Wire guage too small -- what are the ramifications?

My pump is installed 358' down + 15' of wire to the well house, so roughly 375'. I just noticed that they installed 12awg wire. 10awg was what was payed for. My voltage at the controller box is 244, i've never measured it at anything less than 240 -- the last time I measured current from...
  4. tkeoki

Pneumatic tank -- how best to plumb?

The directions for this tank state to plumb the incoming water on one side and the outgoing on the opposite side. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to plumbing it to just one side with a tank tee? Thanks
  5. tkeoki

Efficiency curves for smaller pump?

I have a Grundfos 16s20-18 pump with a Franklin 2 hp 1 phase motor. Is there a way I could come up with an efficiency curve?
  6. tkeoki

Replace pneumatic tank with bladder type tank without removing bleeder valve?

So I'm looking to replace my old 120 gallon pressure tank with a new bladder tank probably with a CSV. Currently, the tank has no air volume control. There is a check valve close to the well head with a snifter valve and a bleeder valve maybe 10 ft down the drop pipe. I'm not sure if the...
  7. tkeoki

Any chance to DIY pull 350' 1 1/4" galvanized pipe and pump?

Well info: 650' (? best guess from old owner) 4" steel casing. 2 HP Pump at 350' on 1 1/4" galvanized pipe. static water at 270' Easy access. If my calcs are right, it would weigh: 350' pipe @ 2.35 lbs/ft = 822 lbs water in pipe = 320 lbs pump/motor = 35 lbs (?) Total = 1177 lbs...
  8. tkeoki

Cause for decrease in water pH from well head to faucet?

*reposted from pump and well forum as I think this forum is more appropriate for question. I just had my water tested at both the well head and at an indoor faucet. The plumbing from the well head consists of 15' of 1 1/4" galvanized pipe to an old 120 gallon galvanized pressure tank...
  9. tkeoki

Cause for decrease in water pH from well head to faucet?

I just had my water tested at both the well head and at an indoor faucet. The plumbing from the well head consists of 15' of 1 1/4" galvanized pipe to an old 120 gallon galvanized pressure tank. From the tank is 250' of 1 1/4" sch 40 pvc and 20' of 3/4 pex. pH decreased from 7.36 to 6.42...
  10. tkeoki

How small can my service neutral be when most of the load is 240v?

Non-residential 120/240 single phase service. 320amp meter to (2) 200 amp panels. The distance from the meter on a pole to service panels are 50ft. I'm running 3/0 copper for the phase conductors. #6 for the grounds. First panel will have 160 amp continuous load. Everything connected...
  11. tkeoki

can you use syphon effect to connect two wells?

I have a 25' shallow 30"id cement-cased dug well that produces 4-5gpm with a soon-to-be installed small submersible pump. I'd like an additional 3-4 gpm without any additional pump. So my tentative plan is to jet down a 1 1/4" pvc well, then connect this new well with a 1/2" or 3/8" pvc pipe...
  12. tkeoki

Help me pick a pump please

I'm getting the pump pulled and replaced tomorrow and trying to decide on size of pump. Questions are two fold-- 1) which pump to use in the current usage situation and 2) which pump If i decide to add sprinklers for about 3/4 acre Here's what I know, Well depth 660' (??? 4th hand info)...
  13. tkeoki

Pump/well output halved

A few weeks ago, our well/pump started producing less than half the water it normally does. Went from 10-12 gpm to around 4 gpm. 650 ft 4" well; pump at about 220ft(just a guess from a driller); water level ???; 1 hp pump. I've lived here for 5 yrs; pump is at least 10 years old, though...
  14. tkeoki

Increasing Shallow Dug Well Yield

I'd like to increase the yield of my 25' shallow 30"id cement-cased dug well. (This well is quickly becoming a hobby and academic obsession). It's currently at 5gpm and I'd love to get an additional couple of gallons. The bottom of the well ends in clay and thus most of the water seeps in...
  15. tkeoki

negative pressure in water-source heat pump

Does anyone know the performance impact of negative pressure in a water-source heat pump? The setup I'm thinking of would cause the pressure through the WSHP to be about -5 to -10 psi. Thanks
  16. tkeoki

Installing Submersible in Shallow Well

Short: How do I install a submersible pump in a large-diameter shallow well without losing several feet of storage in the well? I've got a 25ft 30"id cement-cased dug well that I'm going to use for my GSHP. Water level is around 10' (leaving 15' of water) depending on time of year and...
  17. tkeoki

water pipe repair with sch 40 conduit

I had to do a semi-emergency repair of a broken sch40 pvc water line. The only thing I had available was some of the grey sch 40 electrical conduit; so I used it. It's about a 6 foot section of 1 1/4"; I assume I now need to get the proper pvc pipe and reinstall it. But would like to...
  18. tkeoki

Low head pump

What's the most efficient pump with the following requirements? Pumping from a 30" cement cased well--25' total depth Dynamic level of ~18 ft. 10gpm @ a total of 40' head. About 40-50% run time. This is for an existing GSHP system that's currently running off a deep well with a 1.5hp pump...
  19. tkeoki

Where would I put chlorine?

I need to disinfect our well. I've attached a picture of the top of the well housing and am wondering where I would enter the disinfectant? If you need addt'l pictures from a different angle, let me know--thanks.
  20. tkeoki

Testing old bored well

Any suggestions on how to best test the output of an old 24" cement-cased bored well? The well is 29ft deep. Well companies in my area say these wells often produce at least 10gpm. The only pump I have is a 1 1/2 hp swimming pool pump sitting in my garage--think this would work? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks