1. Mikeiii

Valve to Faucet Extension

Thanks I'll try the suggestions.
  2. Mikeiii

Best guess is between G and F
  3. Mikeiii

Thanks Reach4 Yes I took it to the store and both sides are the same threads. Ones a female and the other is a male. I only tried Home Depot and they only had a 12" version. I didn't make it clear but the flexible supply line at the top is part of the faucet. I'm not sure it is replaceable.
  4. Mikeiii

You guys are right it is leaking at the top joint. It was tight. I took it apart and you can see where it's been leaking slowly. I thought it would be better if I could replace it. I think this part will work but it is 12" long. Anyone know of a better solution?
  5. Mikeiii

The extension piece shown in the photo is leaking. It's 40 years old and I want to replace it. What can I use in it's place? Thanks Mike
  6. Mikeiii

Looking for a metal showerhead slide bar

Yes the mainly the vertical rail part but a recommendation on the spray head would bewelcome.
  7. Mikeiii

Looking for a metal showerhead slide bar

I'm having trouble finding a showerhead slide bar that is all metal. It's hard to tell from the descriptions. I ordered a Hansgrohe, the bar was metal but he escutcheons had plastic covers. I'm looking for clean modern chrome bar 24"to 30". Any suggestions on where to look?
  8. Mikeiii

How to make room when adding a Sweep in ABS sewer line

Thanks Terry! That's just what I was looking for. Mike
  9. Mikeiii

How to make room when adding a Sweep in ABS sewer line

My garage is under the bathroom where the need drain is being installed so I have access. It looks like the pipe needs to go into the sweep about 1.5" for the glue fitting. That means I need to be able to move the pipe an extra 1.5" to insert the sweep. The problem is there isn't enough room...
  10. Mikeiii

Raising a Sink Drain

I need to raise the master bath sink drain for a new vanity. The image shows the current setup. 2" drain pipe with a 1.5" vent above it. I would normally just add a piece of 2" ABS but there are wires running between the pipe and the wall. It would fit better to use 1.5" ABS for the extra five...
  11. Mikeiii

Where to Put Shower Head

I am going to put in a doorless shower. It seems natural to put the shower head on the wall across from the opening. The current plan is for the floor slope to start where the glass ends. There will be a linear drain next to the wall across from the opening. -Is this shower large enough for the...
  12. Mikeiii

Low Flow Shower Fixture (California Compliant)

My understanding is that showers in California now need to be 1.8gpm. I used a Hansgrohe 04230000 S pressure balanced faucet in the last shower I remodeled years ago. I was going to use the thermostatic version of the same valve in my next bathroom. When ordering online they will not ship a...
  13. Mikeiii

Cast Iron Jacuzzi Deck mount Tub Removal

Thanks for the reply. I thought that’s what the answer would be. I thought I’d check before I did any damage. It seemed a shame to destroy it since it still looks new. I’ll lower it back down and get out the sledge hammer.
  14. Mikeiii

Cast Iron Jacuzzi Deck mount Tub Removal

I have a 30 year old deck mounted cast iron jacuzzi tub in a bathroom that I am remodeling. Since it is in perfect condition and only been used a handful of times I thought I would try to remove it in one piece. It is located above the garage so using a floor jack with a 4x6 post it was easy to...
  15. Mikeiii

Should you use a PEX stiffener with CTS fitting?

THANKS! That's what I needed. Mike
  16. Mikeiii

I want to know if I need to put a stiffener in the 1/2" PEX before inserting it into the SeaTech Elbow. I uploaded a photo of the Elbow. (not sure if you can see it) here is a link to it. https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/seatech-union-elbow-1-2-cts-x-1-2-cts?variant=13249740570667
  17. Mikeiii

Thanks. I updated the post by uploading the photos. I'm using this in an RV that is plumbed using 1/2" PEX and plastic fittings.
  18. Mikeiii

Do you need to use a stiffener when connecting 1/2" PEX to a CTS fitting? Below is the fitting and stiffener I'm referencing. The SeaTech fitting doesn't come with the stiffener and the salesman says you don't need them and they don't sell them. I've seen videos that use them. I'm confused. Thanks
  19. Mikeiii

Fitting to connect Kitchen Faucet supply line

Yes I think that will work. Do you know if they Thanks. I made a mistake in my question the non shark bite end needs to be female and it has a rubber washer built in. Here are photos. The metal end is from the faucet the white one is the mating elbow that that I’m replacing with a straight...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks