Search results

1. rschmitty

Steps for diagnosing sewage smell?

Moved to a new home and we have an occasional sewage smell that we detect in non-bathroom rooms. There were 2 owners before us, and the 2nd owners finished the basement. No idea if it was DIY or professional. Sometimes when we flush a toilet in the basement we will get a whiff of sewage smell...
  2. rschmitty

Sealing air leaks

I noticed some nasty air leaks from around the windows and was just wondering what is recommended for sealing? Here's a picture of the biggest gap 5/16 inch http://img183.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=window139.jpg around most parts of the windows the gap is very small, 1 to 2 16ths For the...
  3. rschmitty

Bathroom Exhaust Fans - keeping things out

Looking for some kinda system I could install (or pay to have installed if beyond me) to prevent flies from entering our bathroom via the exhaust vents. 2 windows in the bathroom, only 1 opens, both are sealed and caulked well so I'm fairly certain its the exhausts. I'm pretty close to...
  4. rschmitty

Leaking via Backflow Preventer

I have a Bradford White MIITW75T6EN12 water heater that has recently started leaking cold water out of the backflow preventer. I felt both the pressure release pipe and the backflow pipe, only the backflow was wet. Back in winter we had a mixing valve installed so we could supply hotter...
  5. rschmitty

Loud clunk when humidifier turns off

Recently I had a humidifier repaired, it needed a new solenoid. The humidifier never worked since we moved in but now that it is working, anytime it shuts off there is a loud clunk that can be heard around the house. When I stand in front of the humidifier it doesnt sound as loud as I would...
  6. rschmitty

Loud screech / hot pump

Short version: I had no idea what I was doing (and thus should not have fiddled) but thought I should adjust this pump: http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8070/pumpcloseupne6.jpg I first turned the middle screw in the direction of the arrow thinking it meant 'open' but it just kept turning and...
  7. rschmitty

Water Softener Problems - runs, but doesnt work

We recently moved into a new home (our first) and are experiencing living with a well and softener for the first time, so sorry if I don't know the terminology correctly yet. When we moved in, the toilets were stained yellow/brown, the dishwasher had a white powdery coating all over the inside...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks