Search results

1. gsici

venting question kitchen sink under window

I am moving my kitchen sink to the opposite wall and as such I will run new drain into the basement and connect to the main drain and vent into the attic and connect to the main vent. The question is with my sink under the window which is the best way to vent. I am used to wet vents going...
  2. gsici

Help weird hot water problem

Thx John and Jimbo I inserted the cartridge and the problem is resolved. The whole idea of the blank plug for us DIY'ers makes sense since I am sure I will get mud on the cartridge and bang it around a few times before the project is over. I just wish they would have cautioned us against this...
  3. gsici

Thx John. Just so I understand. The hot and cold are mixing in the valve body and then bleeding back into the hot supply line when I turn another faucet on?
  4. gsici

Just want to add new info. It would seem that hot water in the whole house is not working unless the newly installed faucet is running.
  5. gsici

Dear Forum readers you have helped me int he past and hope ypu can help this DIY'er again. I spent the weekend gutting my upstairs bathroom (4 piece) and installed a new Delta Shower/tub faucet. During the weekend my wife needed to use hot water and she realized there was no hot water in...
  6. gsici

Steam generator wire size check

Great. Thx JW On another note BimmerRacer's steam generator doe not call for GFCI (nuissance trip) the one I bought however calls for one. Why this difference of opinion on something that I would consider a lifesaving device?
  7. gsici

I have read on many threads and I believe it is code in some areas that the total connected load should not be more than 80% of the rating of the overcurrent protection devices. Is this correct? Should it be less of a concern since the steam generator is the only load on this circuit?
  8. gsici

What about the 80% rule. Bimmerracer's steam generator seems to have a rating of 46 AMPS. Would it not be code to pout a 55AMP breaker?? even-though the manufacturer calls for a 50AMP? I will not hijack this thread but the answer will be important since I am in the same predicament with...
  9. gsici

Valves Valves and more Valves

Howard I think you are bang on. Just got back from Homers and spent some time with someone that actually had some idea (miracles never cease) and after spending time through several vendor catalogs. I need a temperature valve and two separate volume valves. The two separate volume valves are...
  10. gsici

Thx all. I guess using the tub spout is a no-no. Howard the Alsons product is external and I plan on having a showerhead from the ceiling and the slidearm with handhels will be on another wall three feet away and I do not want to have long cables on the outside. I think volume controls...
  11. gsici

Most of the big box store carry a valve with a built in diverter on the tub spout. I did see one however on the valve and I was thinking that I could use one for the showerhead and the other for the handheld shower since I do noy have a tub. Is this a fair assumption??? If so can I put the...
  12. gsici

Thank You. Pictures do speak volume. What is a STOP on a pressure balanced valve?
  13. gsici

Connection Help

Thanks all. I think I am ready to make some connections.
  14. gsici

THX HJ I have no other valves. I have nothing at this stage. Are you saying I need to buy two components. A 3 port diverter and secondly a valve? If so what type of valve?
  15. gsici

WOW. I have walls down in the basement for a new shower and was looking for a new shower system and realized that this has come a long way. I always knew of Diverter and that's all I thought there was, BUT diverter, transfer, multi port, thermostatic, mixing, pressure balanced, volume control...
  16. gsici

Connection Help

Well maybe 250 makes sense. What could I put around pipe that would not melt?
  17. gsici

Connection Help

Pipe wrap Got all the parts today for the hook up. I need pipe wrap for the 3/4" rigid copper. The instruction manual calls for something resistant to 250 degrees F (which I think is crazy). None the less the stuff at HD (Reflectix)is rated to 180 degrees. Anyone know what I can use?????
  18. gsici

Connection Help

Thx again Furd for the quick reply. Not sure I follow the sequence. I believe the piece on the right is threaded to the appliance (with teflon???) then solder a piece of 3/4" tubing OR just add the piece on the left. When does the center piece come in?
  19. gsici

Connection Help

Steam Output Thank you Furd. Now I need to connect a 3/4" copper to the steam out, but instructions call for a union at the connection point in case appliance needs to be serviced. Not sure I know what components to get. Any suggestions?
  20. gsici

Connection Help

I have a steam generator which came with crappy installation instructions. I have a water input which is a plastic male 1/2" thread which I need to connect to my 1/2"copper pipe water supply and would like to add a valve. I went to Home Depot and found a valve with the 1/2" (solder) and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks