Search results

1. Mchiarit

Looking for info about Fluidmaster model 300

Anyone know anything about Fluidmaster model 300? I own a home purchased new in 2016 which has three toilets, each of which uses Fluidmaster model 300. Being unable to find a repair kit, I contacted Fluidmaster who responded by indicating that the entire flush valve should be replaced with a...
  2. Mchiarit

Gurgling sound under kitchen sink

There is a gurgling sound under my kitchen sink after water goes down the drain. It does not happen all the time and when it does occur, it usually does so after about five minutes. Even though I have never smelled sewer gas, I replaced the AAV anyway thinking it may be defective, but that did...
  3. Mchiarit

Plastic chips in sewer vent

My vent was clogged with what looks like small plastic chips. I removed the equivalent of about a half gallon. After close examination, I thought that maybe the inside of the PVC pipe was deteriorating. However, where the stack goes through the roof, it looks fine. Anyone have any idea what...
  4. Mchiarit

Distance from main panel to subpanel (plus)

Is there a minimum distance between a main panel and a subpanel? If so, what is it? Also, is it acceptable to feed a subpanel from another subpanel? I have a main panel with a 200 A breaker (no other circuits) that feeds what used to be a main panel (it was converted to a subpanel when I...
  5. Mchiarit

Maximum number of fixtures

I am adding a sink and shower to an existing bathroom. Is it acceptable to feed both from 1/2" copper or do I need to supply separate 1/2" copper feeds from 3/4" copper? If the former, what is the maximum number of fixtures permitted from 1/2" copper?
  6. Mchiarit

Shower drain

I am installing a new stall shower that will be directly on the other side of a wall next to an existing stall shower. The drains will be approximately 27" apart. Is it permitted for both drains to use the same trap?
  7. Mchiarit

Distance to stack

I'm doing remodeling and am looking at a plumbing book which says that the maximum distance to the stack for a two inch drain is five feet. Does that mean the max distance without a vent or, the max distance period? That seems awfully restrictive. I've seen some incredibly long drain lines.
  8. Mchiarit

How much can a 3 inch drain tolerate?

I am doing some remodeling. I currently have two bathtubs, a shower, three toilets and three sinks draining to one three inch (3.5" O.D.) main pvc drain pipe. I plan to add a shower and a sink. Is this a problem?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks