Search results

1. CT

Pressure issue

What is the elevation difference between the pump and shower head? What is the length of pipe between these 2 points? Any backflow preventer in between? 3/4" copper pipe from pump to shower head? Pressure drop from the two 90 degree elbows is small.
  2. CT

Opinions needed??? PEX or Copper??

I understand that copper pipe is soldered and brazed. I'm just saying that I ask for a welding certificate from someone that's going to install copper piping. I didn't say to weld copper piping. Doesn't someone with a welding certificate know how to solder and braze.... or am I wrong with...
  3. CT

Tankless in an unconditioned NJ attic

Get a direct vent tankless water heater and you don't have to worry about having enough combustion air from the room. With direct vent, all combustion air is taken from outside. If you don't want to use direct vent, and you are in a confined space, then you will have to provide 2 openings to...
  4. CT

Sorry Furd, let me rephrase my comment on "No skill is used to install PEX...". My point is that if I specify PEX in my projects, a general contractor will just hire a cheap subcontractor with little or no skill to install the PEX piping (hence the "No skill is used to install PEX.." comment)...
  5. CT

Under Sink Anti Freeze Valve

I recall seeing something similar to what you described, but it was installed outside the house. Couldn't find that link, but here's something similar: http://www.samplerewards.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=2048&ProReview_ID=375 I guess you would need one for every...
  6. CT

I'm also interested in this topic. I have a few projects that I'm designing. All of them are in freezing climates (low to mid 20's). I have read that PEX is able to handle freezing temperatures, but not sure how true this is. My take on this is that not all PEX products are the same in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks