Search results

1. WS

Moen kitchen sink pull-out faucet leaking

It seems I've fixed the leak by tightening the skinny nut thing at #3 in the second photo. I'll report back here if I have any other issues crop up with this.
  2. WS

...and I also just noticed that it is leaking under the sink as well.
  3. WS

We have a Moen kitchen sink pull-out faucet, and when the water is turned on it leaks from #1 and #2 in the photos. When the water is turned off it stops leaking from #2, but continues to drip from #1 until the water left in that area clears out. The water seem to be originating from #3, near...
  4. WS

Hose bibb/faucet valve knob stuck open

What are the other "few things"
  5. WS

No, it's not frozen. I've used it repeatedly, including yesterday. It's been stuck for about 2 months, and I've just put off fixing it since I can use the adapter valve to turn it on and off. Now that is expected to get cold this week, I figured I should stop procrastinating.
  6. WS

I have a hose bibb/faucet valve that is stuck open. I also have a 2 outlet adapter attached to it with it's own valve, so I can turn water on and off. Can anyone give me an idea as to why I can't turn the valve to off, and how to fix it? It's getting cold here in Oregon this week, and I...
  7. WS

Sink plumbing makes whistling noise like a recorder when water turned on

...also, I can't remember what brand of faucet it its, so I'm not sure where to get the manual for the sprayer assembly to clean the check valve, but I did manage to figure out how to remove the head of the sprayer and kind of rinsed it out under running water and put it back on, and that didn't...
  8. WS

I've been monitoring the situation for 3 or 4 days, and I still have the problem, but it seems to be a bit different, since it will now happen also when someone turns on the water in a different bathroom, or flushes a toilet, or the dishwasher is on and the water turns on, or the washing machine...
  9. WS

Last night the last thing I did was check the shut-off valves (and they are quarter-turn kind) under the sink and they both seemed to be open all the way, but I went ahead and closed them and reopened them all the way anyway. Since I did that I've only heard the whistling noise a few times, and...
  10. WS

Thank you. After I posted this someone in the house flushed a toilet, and I heard that same sound again, and I think the sound came from the same kitchen sink. Does this new info change your opinion, Jim?
  11. WS

I have a kitchen sink that has a disposal connected to it that I replaced about 6 months ago, and the faucet has a diverter/hose built into it as well. Today it started making a whistling sound when the water is turned on. It will whistle for about 2 to 4 seconds and then stop. It's not a...
  12. WS

Video of chugging in my pipes caused by flushing Toto Drake toilet, can anyone help?

Thanks, Terry. I already have the 1/4 turn shut off. Just now I tried backing it in a bit from all the way open and I still got the chugging noise. I think I'll head to the plumbing supply store for a new fill valve later this afternoon.
  13. WS

Video of chugging in my pipes caused by flushing Toto Drake toilet, can anyone help?

Thanks for your input. What did you do to fix the shutoff? Terry Love suggested I open up the water supply and then back it off a bit. I tried that just now and it didn't work, i.e. I'm still getting the chugging sound. I think I'll head to the plumbing supply store for a new fill valve...
  14. WS

So that's what's happening?!?! I've wondered about it for years. Thank you for your input.
  15. WS

If it will I hope someone will let me know. It might save me a little money.
  16. WS

Yes, you heard right. This bathroom is the farthest in my one-level house from the water supply. I mentioned that because when Terry Love helped me solve the problem with a new flapper years ago it seemed like that had something to do with the issue, but I didn't understand why.
  17. WS

Here's a video I made of the chugging in my pipes after I flush my Toto Drake ST743S toilet and the tank fills. I've replaced the flapper and the flush valve (as suggested on another thread on this site), but it hasn't fixed it. Here's the video, watch the whole thing a little over 3 minutes...
  18. WS

Water pipes noisy/chugging. Toilet guilty?

Since it doesn't seem that the photo is showing I'll upload it here as a file instead.
  19. WS

I replied to Reach4 's last comment, but have not had a reply, so I'll post that comment again here, followed by some additional information on a new tower type Toto flush valve that doesn't have a traditional flapper: "I replaced the flapper with the Fluidmaster flapper and it worked for a...
  20. WS

I replaced the flapper with the Fluidmaster flapper and it worked for a couple of months, but now the chugging has started again. More detail on the chugging after this toilet is flushed and the tank is done refilling the chugging starts, but if the sink or shower faucet is turned on again the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks