Search results

1. Scuba_Dave

Solar Hot tub

I picked up (2) 4x12' HW panels in December I was undecided as to how to use them...partially heat house/Sping & Fall, garage, basement ? Or set them up to provide HW for the house Well yesterday I decided to set one up & test it out I connected a small 350gph pump & set it up to circulate the...
  2. Scuba_Dave

Just for Ian...Gummiment is Fixed

Dear Mr. President, Please find below my suggestion for fixing America's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan": There are about...
  3. Scuba_Dave

I do not understand Snow in America

I figured since Ian is still shoveling I would start this for him :D
  4. Scuba_Dave

Fan required to turn on with light required by Code ?

This is the 1st I have heard of this I have never heard of it or been in any house or Apt where it is setup like this ? Person stating it is in the same State as me - MA Why would you want a fan on exhausting warm air in the middle of the winter if you are just brushing your teeth or hair ?
  5. Scuba_Dave

(2) 4x12 Solar hot water panels...now what to do with them

Picked up 2 free 4'x12' solar hot water panels off Craigslist for Free They seem to be in pretty good shape The Recirc water heater tank failed, panels are good Only Mom (older) at the house so Son wanted the panels gone I'm debating on how to use them Glycol w/recirc tank would cost $$....not...
  6. Scuba_Dave

Uh...Ian.......Whats up with This ???

Huh ? :confused: http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/news/Ex-soldier-faces-jail-handing-gun/article-1509082-detail/article.html
  7. Scuba_Dave

Control on/off valves on old cast iron radiators

I have an oil fired boiler with forced hot water Cast iron radiators with a dual pipe system & diverter valves on main pipe Each radiator has an ON/OFF valve on the radiator Many do not work & are open all the time Heat works just fine I'm having two radiators moved, & the on/off valves doe...
  8. Scuba_Dave

Need new shower/tub mixing valve

Well 20-20 hind-sight I would have had the mixing valve replaced when I redid the shower But it was not leaking at the time - 2004/5 A new Moen cartridge a year later stopped a small drip (2005/6 ?) It started dripping again - off & on, now its pretty steady I do have a whole house filter to...
  9. Scuba_Dave

Light at the end of the tunnel

Or at least light thru the new bay windows :D This is the last BIG window to be installed I built the new bay window beyond the old one This will give us much needed floor space in the Dining room - 10' wide now Old setup New setup, still need to roof & take down the old bay windows (1...
  10. Scuba_Dave

Bar sink venting...7' away from the wall

OK, I am planning on having a bar sink under the bar Or as we say in Mass, a "bah sink" :D It's an "L" shaped bar, 7' on the side that runs to the drain/vent area The sink will be located mayb 1-2' from that corner So a total run of maybe 9' Drain is not a problem, it can drop as much as...
  11. Scuba_Dave

BOSSLER Roofing Company Takes Off Wrong Roof!

Anyone seen this? This should be a crime A company took off the wrong roof by accident but now wants the victimized owner to pay for part of putting a new one on... http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/09/...2861254171714/ <!-- / message -->
  12. Scuba_Dave

Site feedback.....reporting post slow

I haven't had to report many posts (spam) Seems every time I do it takes quite a while, very slow ?
  13. Scuba_Dave

Norton Antivirus shuts off if not renewed

Norton Antivirus shuts off if not renewed Well I wasn't aware of this - bought NAV 2008, free upgrade to 2009 I'm used to every AV product I have ever used simply stopping the updates Nope Norton SHUTS IT OFF when the subscription expires Unless Norton changes this I've used their product for...
  14. Scuba_Dave

Test - can you spot a code violation?

Poster on another site wants to sell his house but figured he should fix possible problems 1st
  15. Scuba_Dave

Existing dry vent - 2nd vent in house

I almost hate when I learn something new, my house is from the 50's I read 2 threads here today about washing the bottom of the vent stack One side has the main stack, 2 full bathrooms, & 3rd shower/sink/dressing room; town sewer exits the house The vent goes up thru the roof - 3" vent A 3"...
  16. Scuba_Dave

Ground water well pit

I have a stream on my property Last year I connected a pump as a test to fill my ponds Water came out pretty slow, not a good fitting on intake So this year I decided to dig a pit closer to the pond & my veggie garden I barely dug down 20" & the pit filled with 12" of water I figure if I did a...
  17. Scuba_Dave

House plumbing vent system, 2nd vent?

Sorry - long post I don't do plumbing, not allowed here. So I have never bothered too much to learn the codes. Plumber says this is what needs to be done & he does it. I do know how to solder, replace/plumb PVC/CPVC etc. I have a 240g saltwater aquarium setup that has more complicated...
  18. Scuba_Dave

Vent pipe termination distance over roof?

This is what I found on a search So 6" above the point where it exits the roof is OK? I also want to box this in to "hide" it somewhat as it will be viewable from the front
  19. Scuba_Dave

It's Star Wars DAY!!!

May the 4th be with you
  20. Scuba_Dave

Tempering tank before electric water heater?

So after measuring the water temp (about freezing) I'm thinking that a "tempering" tank before the electric hot water heater might be a good idea. Its a 50g water heater, no problems with getting enough hot water Its set to 120 degrees If I wanted to install a "pre-heat" tank of sorts what...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks