Search results

1. weaver

Where to get info on toilet water level height?

I have an UltraMax ELG 1.28, three years old. Filled to the maximum, overflowing the weir, the surface of the water spot is 6 inches lower than the level of the rim top. Placing a straightedge across the top of my Toto 114 seat in the forward area of interest (the seat slopes a bit back to...
  2. weaver

Student Project Survey on toilet seats

HJ, Gerry Cunningham, who made backpacking equipment, wrote, " An ounce of technique is worth a pound of equipment". You seem to agree.
  3. weaver

Tamper resistant options for 2 wire supply to receptacles?

jwelectric: Another layer of thanks. Bob
  4. weaver

Thanks jwelectric. Very helpful. Makes sense. Can I assume that 2011 code doesn't change this? Thanks again. Bob
  5. weaver

Would like to convert to tamper resistant receptacles to protect kids in house. Existing supply is 2 wire. Have been able to find only receptacles with ground. Can’t afford to rewire existing 2 wire knob & tube with 3 wire now. Would prefer not to tear up brick & plaster lath & floors to...
  6. weaver

Slow utility/laundry sink

redwood, May I have permission to quote you? I'm a retired priest, but I do preach every so often. Bob
  7. weaver

Minimum Slope for Heater Vent

It does help. I would be getting a 40,000BTU. Several of the new HWTs are bigger than similar models from years ago... Thanks for reply.
  8. weaver

Minimum Slope for Heater Vent

I'd like to develop some additional height for water heater replacement. What is the minimum slope for the horizontal run of a vent? Have 23" from ell out of heater to tee with 6" vent from furnace right by the entry into lined brick chimney. Could we go as far as 1/4" in each 12"? I'd like...
  9. weaver

Toto Ultramax installation advice please

I'm 71 and not extra strong. I've installed 2 ecoUltraMaxs in the last year with no difficulty. One of the factors that helps is that the toilet's weight is evenly balanced front to back at a very convenient & secure handhold. We're very pleased with them. We would seriously recommend Sanigloss...
  10. weaver

How far from wall

I'm only a DIY and my experience is limited, but I think the key dimensions for you will be 1) the actual distance your bolts to the flange are from your wall and 2) the distance on an UltraMax II from the holes for the flange to the front edge of the bowl. For instance, I have 2 ecoUltraMax...
  11. weaver

Connect COLD & HOT, what happens?

Another Immersion Heater There are sturdy ones made to keep bird baths from freezing...
  12. weaver

Installation Toto Eco Drake Experiences

"...hard to hit the closet bolts... When installing my two ecoUltraMaxes I discovered that I could easily position the toilet over the closet bolts by sighting through the seat bolt holes which are exactly above the holes for the closet bolts. In addition, this toilet affords excellent...
  13. weaver

Drake rim to water surface distance?

My eco UltraMax ADA elongated (2009) is 6 1/8" rim to water spot. My wife (5'5") really likes the ADA height. Bob
  14. weaver

Faucet Installation

There's another form of StaPut: Ultra. It might work for you. Check out
  15. weaver

Kohler Rialto K-3402 toilet fill valve repair

Less expensive valves work better for me Two of the K3402 (1983, 1985) were in the house when I bought it. Both fill valves sprayed at the top (and through the holes in the back of the tank). I bought a Kohler repair kit (about $90). It sprayed from the top. I have replaced the Kohler fill...
  16. weaver

Ultramax: Where is it made? in the USA

Where is the Ultramax currently available in the US made? If there are multiple sources, are there noticeable or functional differences of significance? http://www.totousa.com/Default.aspx?tabid=71 Our state-of-the-art plant in Morrow, Georgia is a testament to conservation and quality...
  17. weaver

Reason for weak flush w/ solids only?

An alternative For the same problem, I've used Assault, made by Chemsol Products Corp. It contains sulfuric acid. Same precautions mentioned above apply. I contained the fumes by putting a 5 gal bucket upright into bowl. Mineral scale dropped off. I don't have any connection with the company...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks