Search results

1. centurion

Move Shower Vent

I am installing a larger shower pan in my shower. I went to move a partition wall and found that it had the shower vent in it. Is it proper and legal if I cap the existing vent and replace the 90 just after the P trap and extend the vent to the other wall. Kind of hard to describe but I think...
  2. centurion

No-Caulk Drain and ABS

I am installing new shower pan. House was built 30 years ago and uses all ABS, the old solid core type. I have to redo the drain location. Seems only foam core ABS is now available. The drain I have is a Oatley PVC No-Caulk. The instructions just say to use 2' Schedule 40. Can I use the foam...
  3. centurion

Blocking for frameless shower doors

I am redoing a shower and will have frameless shower doors installed. I know I need blocking for where the glass attaches to the wall, but I am not sure the best way to do it. I have seen some say to put two 2x4 studs together vertically in the wall centered on the curb. Some say use 3 2x4's...
  4. centurion

Shower Light Suggestions

I am redoing a shower. It has an existing recessed 6" ceiling light which I want to replace. I have seen conflicting info on whether or not the light fixture has to be rated for wet location or damp. I can find lots of trim rings that are rated for wet, but the only cans I can find are rated...
  5. centurion

Double Tap Question

I understand is it not acceptable and not to code to put multiple neutrals together on one neutral bus lug, unless the manufacturer of the box specifically allows it. I am a realtor and see a lot of home inspections. Almost all of the homes around here, Central NJ, that are in the 20 to 30 year...
  6. centurion

Shower Drain Size and Code

Have seen many references that a shower drain needs to be 2". Here in NJ they follow 2009 NSPC which in 7.10.4 says "for a shower with single shower head, the waste outlet connection shall be no less than 1-1/2" ". What am I missing?
  7. centurion

Maax versus Americh

I am remodeling a shower and need a 36" X 36" double threshold base. Does anyone have any experience with Maax versus Americh as far as quality, durability, etc? The Americh is more expensive, but from their literature I cannot figure out why. Thanks.
  8. centurion

how to level floor for bathtub install

I am replacing a existing 5' alcove tub with an American Standard Americast Princeton tub. The floor is not level. I understand how to install the ledger board based on the high point of the floor. But this means I will have to shim the outside of the tub where it contacts the floor. What is the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks