Search results

1. Y

Cast Iron Pipe Corrosion - How bad is this?

Well I cleaned off all of the crude that I could and it is pipe underneath with no holes so I am a happy man!!! Is there anything that i can do to prevent the crude build up in the future or to keep the corrosion process at a minimum? Thanks again for the help
  2. Y

seaofnames - I apreciate the concern but it is definately not asbestos. I work for an agency which makes me very familiar with asbestos and everything safety and health related. It is a crust that has formed since i have moved in. Behind the wall is the same thing. There isn't actually...
  3. Y

The copper is actually not touching the Cast iron itself. They are touching the corrsion white/yellow stuff which I cleaned off of them after I took the pictures. I will try cleaning off the CI with a wire brush to get a better look at the extent of the damage. I was nervous to do this before...
  4. Y

I’ve tried posting this 2 times in the last couple of days and for some reason it will not show up and I don't know why. I recently noticed a cast iron pipe shown in my picture gallery and it does not look good to me. We bought the house 1 year ago and the pipe appeared to be fine at that...
  5. Y

Is this Wall Load Bearing

Thanks for all of the replies. Sorry I'm a little late on following up but I ended up remembering that there were 2 structural engineers I knew with who I ran the scenario by and they both said it was not load bearing. I took the wall out 2 months ago and finally finished the kitchen remodel...
  6. Y

Cast Iron Pipe Corrosion - This is Bad...

I recently finished (last weekend) remodeling my kitchen and everything went great. Today I had a problem with my dryer and pulled it away from the wall to take a look at the back. As I pulled it away I found the attached picture. I bought the house a year ago and the pipe appeared to be in...
  7. Y

Fortunately or unfortunately the ceiling is coming down in pretty much the whole room due to a pipe that froze and broke in the ceiling. The previous owner didn't insulate it properly, it broke and ran water in the house for over 5 hours while we were out Xmas shopping. I Pretty much have to...
  8. Y

Hi I am new here and have found a wealth of information that I have put to good use from this site. I now have a question. I'm sure this type of thing has been asked a million times but I am looking for specific help. Below is a picture of what I am working with. My home is built on slab and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks