Search results

1. Eagle45

Downdraft cooktop-alternatives to outside venting??

Thanks for your thoughtful response. Yes,that is one piece I was looking for advice on. Maybe a one-way damper coming off the cooktop duct?
  2. Eagle45

How would it gunk up the heat exchanger when the furnace fan is running and generating positive pressure from that point? Cooking fumes would not be passing through the HE. If the cooktop vent is tied in 2 feet from the ouside vent, grease buildup will only be a problem in that 2 foot section...
  3. Eagle45

But if I tie it to the outbound duct of the fresh air heat exchanger and the furnace fan is running it will be going outside, not wafting through the whole house. It's just room teperature air coming out this duct, not combustion gases, so I don't think there is a risk of fire from grease...
  4. Eagle45

Is there a way to vent a downdraft cooktop without having to punch a hole out the wall. I'm not thrilled with having to do this due to the heat loss and/or cold drafts from the vent. Furthermore, I have ICF cement walls, so it's a bit of a job. What about tying it into the ducting of my fresh...
  5. Eagle45

Basement septic lift station-check valve

Recently had plumber install lift station for our basement sewage. Inspector noted the following missing reqiuirements from the 2-inch ABS discharge pipe: -union -shutoff -check valve. My main question is what type of backfow valve to use. I picked up one with a flapper valve inside, but...
  6. Eagle45

tankless water heater

Coleman portable demand heater You might consider a Coleman portable on-demand heater. These are about the size of a beer cooler & you just hook it to portable propane tanks. I belong to a service club & we use one to provide hot water for a food catering venture we operate. Seems to work...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks